DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "UK Medico-Legal and Insurance Services Market - Legal Market Briefing" report to their offering.
The 'UK Medico-Legal and Insurance Market Briefing' is the first edition of an annual Legal Market Briefing and provides an overview of the market for medico-legal and insurance services (MLIS), including profiles of companies operating in the market. This market offers two main types of services to legal services providers, insurers and employers: Medical expertise (ME), i.e. medical expert witnesses and medico-legal report writing; and Rehabilitation and allied medical services (RAMS), i.e. medical services to rehabilitate and help an injured or ill individual.
The range of players in the MLIS market is large, ranging from thousands of individual medical practitioners up to companies which are part of national and international claims management, claims processing and legal services companies. While some companies in the market operate across both segments, others specialize fully or mainly in just one segment. The companies operating in the market include those that are fully independent, those owned by insurance companies, those owned by legal services companies and captives (of insurers or legal firms).
The market for MLIS services, based on the turnover of the companies operating, was estimated to be worth over £600 million in 2016, having grown from over £500 million in 2013. Growth in the market has slowed recently.
Strong positive drivers of growth have been:
- The growing focus on rehabilitation and psychological rehab by the insurance and legal professions,
- The growing volume of work for expert witnesses in 2015/16,
- The growing use of RAMs services for lower-value claims.
Negatives for the market include:
- The growing restrictions that have (and are due to) come into force in the personal injury market, either reducing the number of claims or cutting their costs,
- The fact that expert witnesses report that it is a harder market to operate in because of legal changes and rulings,
- Downward pressure on expert witness fees
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Market Structure
4. Market Developments And Drivers
5. The Key Players
6. Market Size And Trends
7. The Future
- Bodycare Clinics Ltd/ Doctors Chambers (UK) Ltd
- Broadspire Rehabilitation
- Bush & Company Rehabilitation
- Exam Works/Premex
- FL360 companies (Corpore-TTN, Speed Medical Examination Services)
- Health & Case Management Ltd (HCML)
- IPRS Group
- Injury-QED Ltd (I-QED)
- On Medical Ltd
- Premier Medical (formally Capita Medical Ltd)
- RehabWorks Ltd
- Slater & Gordon Solutions
- The Integrated Care Clinics Ltd (TICCS)
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5gjgcw/uk_medicolegals.