ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced that it has begun shipping the NSG100 Nebula Cloud Managed Security Gateway. The NSG100 supports remote management and provides an extensive suite of security features to provide ironclad network security for small- and medium-sized businesses with distributed networks.
The addition of the NSG100 to the existing Nebula family of high-performance wireless access points and managed Gigabit Ethernet switches, gives users a complete network infrastructure solution that allows users to easily monitor and manage multiple distributed networks through a single, intuitive dashboard. The NSG100 provides deep, extensive protection of the network and its connected assets through a robust security feature set that includes an ICSA-certified firewall, IPsec VPN connectivity, Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP), and Application Patrol.
Benefits of the Nebula Cloud Managed Security Gateway
- Out-of-the-Box Cloud-Managed Gateway – Quick and easy deployment at a remote location through near-zero-touch provisioning. Automatically downloads policies and configuration settings, and receives firmware upgrades and security signature updates without the need for on-site networking expertise.
- Easy Setup, Simple Management – Manage all Nebula gateways from a single point of management to synchronize security settings across up to thousands of sites and every device all at once. Provides site-wide visibility and control enabling administrators to manage event logs, traffic statistics, bandwidth consumption, networked clients, and application usage without access to individual devices.
- Zero-Touch VPN Connections – Site-to-site or hub-and-spoke VPN connections can be easily configured through a few clicks in the Nebula Control Center. The intuitive cloud management interface provides a real-time monitoring of VPN connectivity between multiple locations.
- Streamlined Policy Management – Object-based management and a unified configuration approach for all security-related policies enable faster, easier and more consistent policy settings. Any configuration made in the Nebula Control Center can automatically propagate to all connected Nebula gateways.
- Effective Network Protection – Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP) system uses Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology to inspect vulnerabilities invisible to simple port- and protocol-based firewalls. DPI eliminates false positives with a database of malware signatures and protects against unknown back door intrusions.
- Powerful Application Security – Application Patrol identifies, categorizes and controls social, gaming, productivity, and web applications and behaviors. Users can block undesirable applications to boost productivity or prevent bandwidth abuse.
“The availability of the new security gateway allows us to provide a complete, secure network infrastructure solution to SMBs and MSPs that face the challenge of deploying, monitoring and managing multiple distributed networks across a campus or across the country,” explained Tri Nguyen, Market Development Manager at Zyxel. “As network infrastructures become more complex and distributed networks become more the norm than the exception, the Nebula system helps to simplify the challenge of managing the networks while reducing operational expenditures by centralizing the IT function and eliminating the requirement for highly-trained IT staff members at branch locations.”
The NSG100 Nebula Cloud Managed Security Gateway carries a limited lifetime warranty is available with three service bundle options:
- NSG100 – Includes 1 Year Bundled Service of Cloud Management and NSS IDP Service $700 (USD);
- NSG1003YBUN – Includes 3 Year Bundled Service of Cloud Management and NSS IDP Service $1,020 (USD);
- NSG1005YBUN – Includes 5 Year Bundled Service of Cloud Management and NSS IDP Service $1,300 (USD).
The Zyxel NSG100 Nebula Cloud Managed Security Gateway is available now through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-Commerce partners. For more information on Zyxel, the Nebula Cloud Networking Solution, and its other families of connectivity solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Zyxel Communications
Focused on innovation and customer-centricity, Zyxel Communications has been connecting people to the Internet for nearly 30 years. Our ability to adapt and innovate with networking technology places us at the forefront of creating connectivity for telcos and service providers, business and home users.
Zyxel is building the networks of tomorrow, unlocking potential, and meeting the needs of the modern workplace — powering people at work, life, and play. Zyxel, Your Networking Ally.
- 1,500 passionate associates worldwide
- 100 million devices creating global connections
- 700,000 businesses working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 150 global markets served