Mondelez India, Ferrero and Nestle India top the charts with more than 65% of the overall chocolate market. International brands like Mars and homegrown brand Amul are slowly trying to gain the momentum. Urban people are becoming more aware and conscious about chocolate brands and thus dominate the chocolate consumption heavily.
Affluent urban consumers are now even demanding premium chocolates which are more costly than the regular ones. Manufacturers are keen to tap this section of consumers and are introducing premium or higher-priced products into the market. Thus, premium offerings are fast becoming a trend to the urban markets. There are three types of chocolate namely Milk, White and Dark. Dark chocolate has gained popularity in recent years because of its health benefits and rising awareness among customers.
Furthermore, preferences of Indian consumers are slowly evolving and getting accustomed to the taste of dark chocolates.
Companies like Mondelez and Nestlé have successfully introduced their dark chocolate brands such as Bournville and Nestlé Dark Chocolate.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Chocolate Market Outlook
3. India Chocolate Market Outlook
4. Product Price & Variant Analysis
5. India Economic Profile
6. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
7. PEST Analysis
8. Trade Dynamics
9. Channel Partner Analysis
10. India Chocolate Market Dynamics
11. Market Trends & Developments
12. Competitive Landscape
13. Strategic Recommendations
- Mondelez India Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Nestle India Limited
- Ferrero India Pvt. Ltd.
- Mars International India Pvt. Ltd.
- Hershey India Pvt. Ltd.
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.
- Lotus Chocolate Company Ltd.
- The CAMPCO Ltd.
- Parle Products Pvt. Ltd.
- ITC Limited
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2vrg92/india_chocolate