CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--It’s no secret: Kronites love their company and love their communities. Therefore it is with great pride that Kronos Incorporated today announced it has been named one of the 2017 Best Workplaces for Giving Back by Fortune magazine in conjunction with consultancy Great Place to Work®.
- Kronos ranked 17 on the Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, which is based on more than 350,000 confidential surveys of U.S. employees that measures how proud they are of their impact on the community, the difference they feel they make, and whether their work has special meaning combined with information about each organizations’ charitable programs and giving. Kronos joins an esteemed list of organizations that go above and beyond to develop giving back endeavors, which fosters increased employee pride in the company and drives deeper meaning in day-to-day work by empowering Kronites to feel they are making a difference in the world.
- Kronos’ GiveInspired corporate giving initiative is driven by a two-pronged approach: to support causes that empower the next-generation workforce and give back to communities where Kronites live and work. Through GiveInspired grants, an employee gift-match program, team volunteering days and philanthropic initiatives, and an open time off policy that allows Kronites to take paid time off to give back, Kronos commits to educating and developing tomorrow's workers while encouraging employees to join forces with local organizations.
- Great Place to Work’s research found that employees who are strongly connected to their organization’s positive influence on the community report four to 11 times the productivity, commitment, brand ambassadorship, and overall work experience as their peers.
- To be eligible for the Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, Kronos was first certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, which showcased that 96 percent of Kronites are proud to work at Kronos.
- This honor from Fortune and Great Place to Work is the latest in a slew of global recognition for Kronos as an employer of choice from organizations including The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, Forbes, The Globe and Mail, Great Place to Work® in Australia, and Great Place to Work® in India.
- Kronos employs 5,000 Kronites worldwide and is actively hiring with nearly 300 Kronos job openings.
- In 2017, Kronos will open a brand new, state-of-the-art global headquarters across 500,000 sq. ft. of office space at the Cross Point towers in Lowell, Mass.
Vince Devlin, chief procurement officer and chair of GiveInspired
“Kronites are passionate, dedicated, and innovative by nature. And we harness the best of Kronos to drive our GiveInspired program to showcase that Kronos excellence goes beyond delivering the best products and services to our customers. We feel a responsibility to cultivate the next generation of workers, helping to ensure an equal playing field for all. After all, we know that inspiration and innovate can come from anywhere. We are humbled and honored to have these efforts be recognized by Fortune and Great Place to Work.”
Chinwe Onyeagoro, president of Great Place to Work
“The Best Workplaces for Giving Back are accomplishing something greater than the sum of their contributions to worthy causes. They also offer employees a sense they’re part of something bigger that’s making a difference in the world.”
- See the complete list of Best Workplaces for Giving Back and a summary of Kronos’ Great Place to Work Certification review page.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- When sharing on social media about the 2017 Best Workplaces for Giving Back, use hashtag #bestworkplaces.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® – and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
About The Best Workplaces for Giving Back
The Best Workplaces for Giving Back were determined by research and consulting firm Great Place to Work based on feedback from more than 357,000 employees at Great Place to Work–Certified organizations. Employees completed anonymous Trust Index© surveys, answering detailed questionnaires that include questions about how proud they are of their impact on the community, the difference they feel they make and whether their work has special meaning. Results from the survey are highly reliable, having a 95 percent confidence level and a margin of error of five percent or less.
To select the list, Great Place to Work considered organizations’ policies regarding paid time off for volunteering and the extent to which they contribute generously to community and charitable causes through corporate donations and employee fund-matching programs. Final rankings were based primarily on employees' feedback on more than 50 survey questions, with a special emphasis on their connection to the organization’s community impact. Rankings reward companies where not only the majority of employees are proud of their community involvement, but these experiences are widely shared within the organization regardless of gender, race/ethnicity, job role, or other personal characteristics. Results also take into account the complexity of the employee population and performance relative to peers.
About Great Place to Work
Great Place to Work is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, including Best Workplaces lists and workplace reviews, Great Place to Work provides the benchmarks, framework and expertise needed to create, sustain and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. In the United States, Great Place to Work produces the annual Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For®” and a series of Great Place to Work Best Workplaces lists, including lists for Millennials, Women, Diversity, Small and Medium Companies and over a half dozen different industries. Follow Great Place to Work online at www.greatplacetowork.com and on Twitter at @GPTW_US.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.