DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Malignant Mesothelioma - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2023 - EU5" drug pipelines to their offering.
Malignant mesothelioma is a deadly and rare form of cancer that affects the thin lining known as the mesothelium. Mesothelioma helps to protect the organs by making a special lubricating fluid that allows organs to move against each other. Malignant mesothelioma is a rare, asbestos-related cancer that forms on the thin protective tissues that cover the lungs and abdomen. It is a deadly disease as its prognosis is poor and the survival time after diagnosis is around 9-12 months.
Based on the organ which is first affected, mesothelioma can be divided into several categories:
- Pleural Mesothelioma: It affects lining of lungs. It is the most common type of mesothelioma and is caused by the inhalation of asbestos fibers. About 70% of the mesothelioma cases fall under this category.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma: It affects the lining of abdomen. About 15-20 % cases of mesothelioma are diagnosed as peritoneal.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma: It affects the lining of heart. Asbestos fibers can get lodged in the pericardium which is the lining around the heart cavity. It's a rare kind of mesothelioma which occurs in 1 % or less number of cases.
- Tunic vaginalis: It affects the testicles. This is also a rare kind of mesothelioma.
Scope of the Report:
- Report covers the disease overview including pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, disease management, and current treatment options.
- Marketed information including available prescription drugs, its patent and exclusivity details.
- The report also covers the detailed global historical and forecasted epidemiological data covering 7MM from 2010-2023.
It also provides Market size of Malignant mesothelioma for 7MM from
2010 and forecasted Market size to 2023.
Key Topics Covered:
- Report Introduction
- Malignant mesothelioma Market Overview at a Glance
- Total Market Size of Malignant mesothelioma for 7 MM in 2013-2023
- Total Market Share Distribution of Malignant mesothelioma for 7 MM in 2015
- Total Market Share Distribution of Malignant mesothelioma for 7 MM in 2023
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Diagnosed Cases of Malignant mesothelioma in United States
- Diagnosed Cases of Malignant mesothelioma in Germany
- Diagnosed Cases of Malignant mesothelioma in France
- Diagnosed Cases of Malignant mesothelioma in United Kingdom
- Diagnosed Cases of Malignant mesothelioma in Spain
- Diagnosed Cases of Malignant mesothelioma in Italy
- Diagnosed Cases of Malignant mesothelioma in Japan
- Top Marketed Drugs for Malignant mesothelioma
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/35pk8x/malignant