BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Visible Measures, the leader in video attention measurement and activation, today announced trends and insights surrounding Super Bowl 51 online branded video campaigns. Super Bowl 51 video advertising content captured more than 337MM views to date with the top ten ads accounting for more than 194MM (57 percent) of those views.
Super Bowl 51 Branded Video Trends
- Brands Embrace Live Video – Brands incorporated live video into their campaigns for the Big Game. Snickers, Avocados from Mexico, and Wix in particular featured live video as part of their advertising strategy, and some featured celebrities (Adam Driver and Tim Tebow) to draw in viewers.
- The Rise of Instagram – Brands released more than 31 Instagram videos, which received more than 13MM views for Super Bowl campaigns – the highest view count to date for this event on this platform.
- Humorous Content/Celebrities Won Super Bowl 51 – 57 percent of all ads that aired in-game Sunday night used humorous creative to capture consumer attention. As of Monday morning, these campaigns captured more than 337MM views. Celebrities & Icons took second place with 42 percent of nationally aired ads and a total of more than 183MM views. Heartwarming/Inspirational content rounds out the top three with 16 percent of campaigns and 68MM views.
“Each year, the Super Bowl continues to draw a large audience to branded video advertisements,” said Brian Shin, CEO of Visible Measures. “As brands continue to invest in more resources and capitalize on new innovations in social video advertising, they can increase the shelf-life of their TV campaigns to remain top of mind with their customers even after the Big Game.”
The top ten nationally aired Super Bowl ads include:
1. Budweiser – Born The Hard Way – 34,837,909 views True Reach®
2. Wix.com – Disruptive World – 27,938,973 views True Reach®
3. T-Mobile – #UnlimitedMoves – 24,738,482 views True Reach®
4. TurboTax – Humpty Fall – 18,879,589 views True Reach®
5. Mr. Clean – Cleaner of Your Dreams – 17,943,342 views True Reach®
6. Avocados From Mexico – #AvoSecrets – 16,931,334 views True Reach®
7. Mercedes-Benz – Easy Driver – 16,086,212 views True Reach®
8. Bud Light – Ghost Spuds – 13,728,309 views True Reach®
9. Audi – Daughter – 11,679,520 views True Reach®
10. Tide – No Stain Deserves Fame – 11,295,930 views True Reach®
For more information, visit www.visiblemeasures.com.
About Visible Measures
Visible Measures enables brands to better compete for consumer engagement by maximizing Share of Attention relative to media spend in video content advertising. The company’s platform is fueled by a proprietary dataset, as well as patented programmatic technology that combines five trillion data points to reach more than 500 million unique monthly users across 600,000 web and mobile properties.