This report provides a state of the art look at the different ultrafast Internet access networks available today:
- FTTH optical fibre networks;
- Upgraded cable networks with coax in the last mile,
- Copper twisted pair networks (phone lines).
This state of the art allows for a comparison of the different technologies' technical performance, and to measure the pros and cons of each.
The report gives readers a detailed snapshot of operators' current ultrafast broadband rollouts and future plans, for each class of technology.
It also delivers concise insights into the main technical, economic and strategic issues surrounding ultrafast access technologies.
- Ultrafast access technologies
- Outlook for ultrafast technologies
- Status of ultrafast network rollouts
- Ultrafast access strategies
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Methodology and definitions
3. Superfast and ultrafast technologies
4. Rollout status and player strategies
5. Outlook for UFB technologies
- Bright House Networks
- Charter Communications
- Com Hem
- Deutsche Telekom
- Kabel Deutschland Group
- SK Broadband
- Time Warner Cable/Charter
- Virgin Media
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8gfq42/ultrafast_access