DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Content Economics - How Digital Distribution is Impacting Content Industries" report to their offering.
This report takes a look at four major content industry sectors:
- book publishing
- recorded music
- video games
For each sector, it provides detailed market data, along with an analysis of sector's transition to digital formats and distribution, how this is impacting the industry structure and how revenue is distributed between market players.
It then delivers a cross-cutting and comparative analysis of trends that are common to all four sectors.
Lastly, it provides global market forecasts for 2016-2020 for all four sectors, for six key countries and four regions.
A sector-by-sector look a the content industry
- Global overview: a sector worth 145.5 billion EUR in 2015
- Book publishing: a very disparate digital transition
- The book publishing market's digital transition: key trends
- Recorded music: have subscription services overtaken singles sales?
- The music industry's digital transition: key trends
- Video games: new business models taking hold
- The video game market's digital transition: key trends
- Video: SVOD taking hold worldwide
- The video market's digital transition: key trends
Comparative analysis of the digital transition in the different content industries
- Dropping prices and household spending
- A paradigm shift from ownership to access
- A shift towards yield management of cultural goods?
Average annual growth of 4.5%, driven by video games
A change in how revenue is distributed
- Producers and rights owners on the winning side of the paradigm shift
- Redistribution of revenue: book publishing industry
- Redistribution of revenue: music industry
- Redistribution of revenue: video game industry
- Redistribution of revenue: video industry
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Scope and methodology
3. Sectoral analyses
4. Cross-section analysis
5. Markets and forecasts
6. Revenue distribution
7. Data book
- Apple Music
- Google Play Music
- Now TV
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Universal Music Group
- Warner Music Group
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nlr2nc/content_economics