CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nuveen, an operating division of TIAA Global Asset Management, today announced the recent launch of the Nuveen 2017 Equity Outlook Portfolio. The portfolio is designed to capitalize on the economic and market outlook of Bob Doll, respected Senior Portfolio Manager and Chief Equity Strategist of Nuveen Asset Management. Doll uses a proprietary equity investment process that combines quantitative techniques with fundamental research.
In designing the Nuveen 2017 Equity Outlook Portfolio, Doll considered stocks that express the key investment themes of his 2017 Ten Predictions while taking advantage of investment opportunities not fully reflected in current stock market valuations.
Over the coming year, Doll expects that finding opportunities may grow more difficult and that careful selectivity will be the key. More specifically, the portfolio was designed based on the following economic and market outlook points from Doll:
- Both U.S. and global economic growth are likely to improve modestly, while inflation and interest rates are set to rise.
- Corporate earnings should improve, but price/earnings multiples may fall, creating a complicated investing world.
- Stocks may struggle at times, but should outperform other asset classes.
- Attractive investment opportunities can be found within all areas of the market, with a bias toward the financials, health care and information technology sectors.
- Bob has a bias toward smaller capitalization, cyclical areas and value styles —areas of the market that began to outperform as 2016 drew to a close.
More information about the Nuveen 2017 Equity Outlook Portfolio is available by clicking here.
Nuveen provides investment solutions designed to help secure the long-term goals of individual investors and the advisors who serve them. Through the investment expertise of leading asset managers across traditional and alternative asset classes, Nuveen is committed to delivering consultative guidance that aligns with client needs. Securities offered through Nuveen Securities, LLC, Member FINRA and SIPC. Nuveen is an operating division of TIAA Global Asset Management. For more information, please visit the Nuveen website at www.nuveen.com.