DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Proteomics Market by Instrument, Reagent & Service (Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Electrophoresis, Immunoassay, HPLC, X-Ray Crystallography, Mass Spectrometry & Surface Plasmon Resonance), Application (Diagnostics, Drug Discovery) - Forecast to 2021" report to their offering.
The global proteomics market is estimated to reach USD 21.87 Billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period.
The global market exhibits potential for significant growth and is propelled by the increasing need for personalized medicine, R&D expenditure, technological advancements, and increased funding for proteomics projects. However, a few pivotal factors hampering the growth of this market include the reduced funds in key markets, sequestration cuts in the U.S. and reduced funds for proteomics research, high cost of tools and equipment, and dearth of skilled researchers.
In this report, the global proteomics market is majorly segmented on the basis of instrumentation technology, application, reagent, services & software, and region. The research report discusses key market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the global market and its submarkets. On the basis of reagent, the protein fractionation reagents segment is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The high growth in this segment is attributed to the benefits of protein fractionation such as high resolution, and effectively separate thousands of proteins in a complex structure. On the basis of services and software, the analytical laboratory services segment commanded for the largest share of the market as these services help in effective diagnosis and research for drug discovery.
Key Market Drivers
- Increasing Demand for Personalized Medicine
- Proteomics Bridges the Gap Between Genome Sequence And Cellular Behavior
- Increasing Pharmaceutical And Biotech R&D Expenditure
- Technological Advancements
- Availability of Government And Private Funding
Key Market Restraints
- Sequestration Cuts in the U.S. And Reduced Funds for Proteomic Research
- Huge Disconnect Between Biomarker Discovery And Biomarker Approval By Regulatory Authorities
- Expensive Tools And Instruments And Their Maintenance
Key Market Opportunities
- Growing Applications of Nanotechnology
- Biomarker Identification
- Untapped Emerging Markets
Key Market Challenges
- Managing Large Volumes of Data Generated in Proteomics Research
- Dearth of Skilled Researchers And Mandatory Training Cost
The major players in the global proteomics market
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- Danaher Corporation
- Ge Healthcare
- Luminex Corporation
- Merck Kgaa
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Waters Corporation
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2dc8ms/_proteomics