DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Sports Protective Equipment Market by Product Type, by Area of Protection and by Distribution Channel - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecasts, 2014-2022" report to their offering.
Sports Protective Equipment Market Report, forecasts that the global market is expected to garner $8,678 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 3.5% during the period 2016-2022.
Sports protective equipment market trends are expected to be progressive over the next few years. LAMEA is expected to witness the highest growth rate, owing to the increase in popularity of sports such as baseball and basketball in Brazil.
Rise in participation in sports activities, growth in consumer spending on sports gear, increase in health consciousness among consumers, prominence of national & international sports events foster the growth of sports protective equipment market. However, availability of cheap and counterfeit products restrain the market growth. Increase in penetration of online retail is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for growth.
The sports protective equipment gear is distributed through diverse channels, namely, specialty retail stores, multi-retail stores, and online stores & others. Specialty retail stores generated the highest revenue in 2015, since it is a traditional channel for the purchase of sports products, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.2%. Online retail stores & others is expected to witness relatively higher growth owing to the extensive penetration of smartphones and tablets, and the increased convenience offered by this channel to choose from a variety of products.
Key Findings of Sports Protective Equipment Market
- North America generated the highest revenue in 2015.
- LAMEA is anticipated to witness the highest growth from 2016 to 2022.
- Product segment comprising Pads, guards, chest protectors, & gloves is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the analysis period.
- Specialty retail stores generated over 50% of the overall market sales in 2015.
- In terms of market by area of protection, head & face protective equipment is projected be the leading segment over the forecast period.
Leading players profiled in the report include
- Adidas Ag
- Nike Inc.
- Under Armour, Inc.
- Puma SE
- Amer Sports Corporation
- Asics Corporation
- Vista Outdoor
- Warrior Sports
- BRG Sports
- Shock Doctor (Bregal Partners)
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hl4k3q/global_sports