Pharmacovigilance is referred to as a practice of monitoring the effects of medical drugs after they have been licensed for use, especially in order to identify and evaluate previously unreported adverse reactions. Globally, increasing incidence rates of ADR (adverse drug reaction) which also represent a substantial burden on healthcare systems, coupled with the introduction of stringent government policies in developing nations pertaining to drug safety regulations are some key factors expected to drive the pharmacovigilance market during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the pharmacovigilance market driven by strict drug safety approval regulations imposed by the U.S. FDA and other regulatory authorities coupled with increasing pressure for maintaining electronic medical records (EMR). North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the pharmacovigilance market.
Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to availability of large pool of educated and cost-effective labor force, the presence of favorable business environment and the implementation of government initiatives aimed at improving healthcare access in developing nations such as India and China.
- Quintiles Transnational Corporation
- Accenture Plc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- PAREXEL International Corporation
- Janssen Research & Development, LLC
- Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.
- United BioSource Corporation
- Synowlwedge LLC
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation
- Covance Inc.
- ICON, Plc.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Pharmacovigilance Market Landscape
4. Market Forces
5. Strategic Analysis
6. Pharmacovigilance Market, By Clinical Trial Phase
7. Pharmacovigilance Market, By Type of Service Provider
8. Pharmacovigilance Market, By Geography
9. Market Entropy
10. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ktnln7/pharmacovigilance