In China, 49% of antimony products serve as flame retardants, 16% as lead-acid battery, 16% as stabilizers for plastics, and 10% as catalysts. Due to sluggish domestic demand caused by depressed downstream consumption and weak foreign demand, the country's antimony consumption fell by 9.4% from a year ago to about 58,000 tons in 2015. Meanwhile, the quoted prices for antimony products also experienced different degrees of decline.
To boost the market, the State Reserve Bureau has included antimony into the national purchase and storage program, purchasing 10,000 tons of antimony ingot at premium prices in 2016. Thanks to favorable policies, the prices of antimony products also saw varying levels of rise in 2016, exceeding the level in the same period of last year by Oct 2016. In addition, as the downstream markets pick up, the consumption of antimony products is expected to rebound, reaching 65,000 tons in 2016.
There are roughly 71 antimony producers in China, of which Hsikwangshan Twinkling Star, Hunan Gold Corporation Limited, Guangxi China Tin Group, China Antimony Corporation, GuizhouDongfeng Mining Group Co., Ltd. together contribute more than 80% of the country's total production.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Antimony
2 Global Antimony Industry
3 China Antimony Industry
4 China Antimony Products Import and Export
5 Downstream Industries
6 Major Enterprises
- China Minmetals Non-ferrous Metals Co.,Ltd.
- Dongguan Jiefu Flame-Retarded Materials Co., Ltd
- Guangdong Metals & Minerals Import & Export Group Corporation
- Guangdong Mikuni Antimony Industries Co.,Ltd.
- Guangxi China Tin Co., Ltd.
- Guangxi Guangtian Smelting Co., Ltd.
- Guangxi HechiNanfang Non-Ferrous Metals Group
- Guangxi Youngsun Chemicals Corp. Ltd.
- GuizhouDongfeng Mining Group Co., Ltd.
- HechiWuji Co., Ltd.
- Hsikwangshan Twinkling Star Co., Ltd.
- Hunan Gold Corporation Limited
- Yunnan Muli Antimony Industry Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vg8lw2/china_antimony