SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)— Amazon Studios today announced it has ordered two new Amazon Original Kids Series including animated series Bug Diaries, based on a best-selling children’s book series, and live-action series Sid & Marty Krofft's Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, based on the classic Saturday morning television series from the 1970s.
“We are so excited to bring this beloved series, Bug Diaries, to our customers that highlights important life lessons for our young viewers,” said Tara Sorensen, Head of Kids Programming at Amazon Studios. “We also look forward to reviving the classic Sigmund and the Sea Monsters that has a strong message of friendship.”
The Bug Diaries is an animated comedy series for preschoolers based on the witty children’s books by best-selling author Doreen Cronin and best-selling Illustrator Harry Bliss. The show follows a comic trio of slimy, crawly, and buzzy bug friends whose tiny world offers up huge adventures. Pairing kid-personalities with incredible bug abilities, the series will give us a mile-high look at the world through Fly’s compound eyes, let us squirm in Worm’s “footsteps", and literally hang around with Spider as they record their adventures, each in their own way, in their bug diaries.
Sid & Marty Krofft present Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, a live action show for children ages 6 to 11, based on their classic Saturday morning series from the 1970s. The show is centered on two brothers, Johnny and Scotty, who along with their cousin Robyn befriend Sigmund, a friendly young sea-monster who escapes from his old life and his comically dysfunctional brothers Slurp and Blurp. Now, using a Clubhouse as their hiding place, the gang must keep Sigmund safe from an ambitious sea-monster hunter Captain Barnabas. The show is executive produced by Sid & Marty Krofft (H.R. Pufnstuf, Land of the Lost) with the pilot directed by Jonathan Judge (The Thundermans, School of Rock) and starring David Arquette (Scream, Jake and the Neverland Pirates) as Captain Barnabas. Garrett Frawley and Brian Turner (Santa Baby) wrote the new teleplay based on the classic series.
These series will be part of Prime Video’s growing line-up of award-winning and critically-acclaimed Originals for kids and families. Amazon Original Kids Series are available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at www.amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership—Prime members can also download titles to mobile devices for offline viewing. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Amazon Channels: Over 80 video subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.