HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Saudi Arabia Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources, H.E. Khalid A. Al-Falih will deliver a keynote address during CERAWeek 2017, March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas—Houston.
CERAWeek by IHS Markit is the premier annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the technology, financial, and industrial communities – and energy technology innovators.
“We are pleased to welcome Minister Al-Falih to CERAWeek 2017,” said Daniel Yergin, conference chair and vice chairman of IHS Markit, (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions. “Through his extensive experience and leadership navigating today’s shifting energy landscape, he brings a unique and insightful vantage point on this new era and the pace of change. His perspective will contribute greatly to the critical dialogues and understanding that will take place at this year’s CERAWeek.”
At a time of turbulence and uncertainty in energy markets, CERAWeek 2017: Pace of Change: Building a New Energy Future will focus on the changing market and the new forces at work, explore the strategies to meet competitive dynamics and the impact of technology, government policies and the global economy.
The exact date and time of Minister Al-Falih’s CERAWeek 2017 address is yet to be determined.
Featured speakers at CERAWeek 2017 will include:
(Additional speaker and program announcements will be forthcoming. Visit www.ceraweek.com for up-to-date speaker and program information.)
- H.E. Dr. Seyed Mohammad Hossein Adeli, secretary general, Gas Exporting Countries Forum
- Ben van Beurden, CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
- Dr. Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Claudio Descalzi, CEO, Eni
- Robert Dudley, group chief executive, BP
- Lynn Good, chairman, president CEO, Duke Energy
- Vicki Hollub, president CEO, Occidental Petroleum
- H.E. Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, honorable minister of state for petroleum resources, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Isabelle Kocher, CEO, Engie
- Keisuke Kuroki, president, JOGMEC
- Robert Lawler, president, CEO and director, Chesapeake Energy
- Jean-Bernard Lévy, CEO and chairman, Électricité de France (EDF)
- Hon. James Musoni, minister of infrastructure, Rwanda
- Pedro Pizzaro, president and CEO, Edison International
- Patrick Pouyanné, chairman of the board and CEO, TOTAL
- Eldar Sætre, CEO, Statoil
- Rainer Seele, chairman of the executive board and CEO, OMV
- Hon. Maroš Šefčovič, VP of the European Commission for the Energy Union
- Peter Terium, CEO, innogy
- Jeff Ventura, chairman, president and CEO, Range Resource
- Wan Zulkiflee Wan Ariffin, president and group CEO, PETRONAS
- John Watson, chairman and CEO, Chevron
Key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2017 will include:
- Oil industry in transition: Where are we in the cycle? What lies ahead for industry structure and strategy?
- U.S. energy policy in the Trump era: New directions
- Climate policy, energy security and competitiveness
- Scaling innovation: Pace and impact of new technologies, digitalization, robotics, big-data, mobility/transportation, internet of things
- Future of the upstream business: supply, costs and industry structure
- Electric power: What are the future fuel choices for generation (coal, gas, and role of renewables), market design and new business models such as centralized vs. distributed generation?
- Natural gas: Regional imbalances and their impacts on global gas markets and strategy
- Autos and oil: the changing face of demand
CERAWeek 2017 will be held March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration will open in December. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2017 will be required to apply for accreditation at that time.
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2016 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.