PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry, will open a new 14-screen theatre in Sacramento, California, on Thursday, December 1, 2016. The Century Arden 14 and XD Theatre, located at 1590 Ethan Way in the new Howe Bout Arden shopping center, will feature Cinemark’s NextGen cinema design concept, Luxury Lounger electric recliners in all auditoriums and a Cinemark XD auditorium.
“This will be Cinemark's seventh Century Theatre in the area and our first new-build in the Sacramento market in almost fifteen years,” said Mark Zoradi, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “With amenities like our Cinemark XD auditorium, comfortable Luxury Lounger seating and enhanced concession offerings, the Century Arden 14 and XD Theatre will quickly become recognized as the preferred entertainment destination for all of Sacramento County and beyond.”
At the Century Arden 14 and XD, guests will experience the comforts of a brand-new NextGen theatre which boasts cutting-edge technology and customer-preferred amenities including:
- Cinemark’s Luxury Loungers that are electric-powered, plush, oversized recliners with footrests
- A state-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall screens in all auditoriums
- A Cinemark XD auditorium. XD is the number one, private-label, Premium Large Format (PLF) in the world
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability in several auditoriums
- Enhanced sound systems that enable customers to hear the movies as the filmmakers intended
- A cafeteria-style concession stand featuring popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain drinks and favorite candy brands plus chicken tenders with wedge fries, pretzel bites and hot dogs
- A Café serving Dreyer's Ice-Cream and Starbucks beverages as well as beer, wine and frozen drinks
- Reserved seating
The Century Arden 14 and XD Theatre officially opens to the public on Thursday, December 1 with a variety of activities planned to help celebrate the grand opening including:
- Special invitation-only events will be taking place on Tuesday and Wednesday, November 29 and 30
- A VIP night and “ticket tearing” ceremony on Tuesday, November 29
- Radio personalities from multiple radio stations on-site Thursday, Friday and Saturday, December 1-3, who will be giving away special prizes like tickets, Cinemark gift cards, movie swag and concession vouchers for popcorn and Coca-Cola fountain drinks
- In honor of #GivingTuesday, a special cash donation will be presented to the nonprofit, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Sacramento Area
Over the next few weeks, the new Century Theatre will be exhibiting the holiday's biggest blockbusters including Office Christmas Party, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Collateral Beauty, Assassin’s Creed, Passengers and Patriots Day. Customers can conveniently purchase tickets at www.cinemark.com.
ABOUT CINEMARK HOLDINGS, INC.:
Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 522 theatres with 5,865 screens in 41 U.S. states, Brazil, Argentina and 13 other Latin American countries as of September 30, 2016. For more information, go to investors.cinemark.com.