DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Diabetes & Obesity Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2016" report to their offering.
The diabetes and obesity disease cluster is currently dominated by therapeutics indicated for type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), and the majority of the pipeline, in terms of both quantity and quality of products, is attributable to these indications. While products indicated for obesity do not currently have a large market presence, there are a large number of these products in the pipeline, with the majority in early stages of development.
The combined therapy area of diabetes and obesity presents a strong pipeline, accounting for a large proportion of the overall metabolic disorders therapy area. The majority of products are small molecules and biologics, which reflects the overall pharmacotherapeutic market trend.
An increasing pipeline presence for obesity-indicated products and overwhelming global media interest highlight the relevance of this indication and its future potential global revenues. However, the number of pharmacotherapeutic products for obesity is dwarfed by diabetes-indicated products. Given the status of obesity as a risk factor for T2DM, it is likely that the T2DM pipeline will continue to grow with the rising obesity incidence.
- Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for diabetes and obesity?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared with pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have occurred in this disease area?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Table & Figures
2. Diabetes and Obesity Report Coverage
3. Therapeutics Development by Stage
4. Therapeutics under Development by Companies
5. Therapeutics under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
6. Pipeline Products Glance
7. Products under Development by Companies
8. Products under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
9. Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
10. Therapeutics Assessment
11. Dormant Projects
12. Discontinued Products
13. Product Development Milestones
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vh5qnj/diabetes_and