SACRAMENTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As younger generations begin to enter the workforce, changing demographics are raising questions about how talent needs of the future will be met. To address these concerns, CPS HR Consulting will host its second annual conference, A New Generation of Talent Strategies, in February 2017 in Napa Valley, California. The conference will focus on innovative ways to manage a workforce, enhance engagement, develop leaders and drive increased organizational performance.
“With a successful inaugural event in the books, our second conference will look at another relevant aspect of the public sector: the future,” said Jerry Greenwell, CEO of CPS HR. “Focusing on the upcoming influx of younger generations entering the workforce, the 2017 conference will feature sessions addressing employee engagement, generational dynamics and building world-class organizations. We want attendees to leave feeling adequately equipped to handle the public sector’s obstacles of tomorrow.”
In order to make it easier to attend the conference, CPS HR Consulting is awarding three scholarships up to $1,000 each to cover the cost of registration and travel. Applications are due Dec. 1, 2016. For more information about the scholarships and to apply, visit: http://www.cpshr.us/conference/index.html.
An agenda of the conference follows:
Day One – Wednesday, Feb. 8 – 1 to 5 p.m.
- Pete Smith, founder of SmithImpact, will commence the conference with a session about developing high performing teams on an individual level.
- An interactive session on taking your talent management strategies to the next level will follow, where participants will explore the New Talent Management Maturity Model and learn to drive increased organizational performance.
Day Two – Thursday, Feb. 9 – 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dr. Mark Allen, author of “Aha Moments in Talent Management” and an internationally recognized speaker, will discuss best practices in performance management and ways to make the process more agile and productive.
- Jessica Kriegel, an expert in talent management and intergenerational understanding, will illustrate how interpersonal dynamics contribute to business success, regardless of generations.
- Following lunch, CPS HR Consulting’s second $20,000 Innovation Grant will be awarded to an agency that demonstrates the promotion of excellence in public-sector HR through the implementation and utilization of innovative human resource programs.
Day Three – Friday, Feb. 10 – 8:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- Joshua Smith, an expert in HR and organizational development with the public and private sector, will discuss contrasting current practices with the future means of engaging and developing the incoming generation to ultimately fill key leadership positions.
- For the final session, a hands-on workshop led by Robert Lavigna, director of The Institute for Public Sector Employee Engagement, and Janelle Callahan, principal consultant with The Institute for Public Sector Employee Engagement, will share the results of the CPS HR Consulting national survey of engagement levels in the public and private sectors. The session will discuss how to analyze the results and take action on the data, equipping attendees to return to their agencies and take strides to improve agency engagement.
Applications for the Innovation Grant are due on Nov. 18, 2016. For more information about the grant, visit: http://www.cpshr.us/ClientConference_grantcriteria.html.
For more information on the schedule and speakers as well as to register and book accommodations, visit: http://www.cpshr.us/conference/index.html.
About CPS HR Consulting
CPS HR Consulting, based in Sacramento, California, is a self-supporting public agency providing a full range of integrated HR solutions to government and nonprofit clients across the country. CPS HR consultants have expertise in the areas of organizational strategy, recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, and training and development. For more information, visit www.cpshr.us or connect with them on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.