DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "High Performance Plastics - A Global Market Overview" report to their offering.
The global market for High Performance Plastics is likely to maintain a moderately faster, compared to volume consumption, CAGR of 6.1% during the same period and reach a projected US$15.9 billion by 2022 from a forecast US$11.15 billion in 2016.
Fluoropolymers are the most widely consumed High Performance Plastics on a global basis, forecast to be 281.6 thousand metric tons (38% share) in 2016, which are anticipated to post the above average growth of CAGR of 6.1% between 2016 and 2022 and reach a projected 402 thousand metric tons by 2022. High Performance Polyamides are the second largest high Performance Plastics with an estimated share of 29.3% (217.4 thousand MTs) in 2016 followed by Polyphenylene Sulphide (PPS) with a share of 16.4% (121.3 thousand MTs) in the same year. The report also examines the major global players for their production capacities by product type and location.
Major demand driver for the consumption of high performance plastics is the metal and other low performance materials replacement in demanding applications such as automotive, aerospace, electronics and medical, where high temperature resistance and strength is required. In the automotive & transportation industry including aerospace, growth is supported by metal replacement to reduce weight, while thinner and smaller components in electrical & electronics.
- Medical Device Industry Fuelling Demand for Fluoropolymers
- Demand for PTFE to Gain Further Momentum from Products with Improved Properties
- New Energy Markets to Take PVDF in a Big Way
- Demands of Membrane Market Being Addressed by PVDF
- ETFE's Progress in Architectural Applications Gains Prominence
- Bright Opportunities for Fluoropolymers in the Radiant Solar Modules Market
- High Performance Polyamides Market Trends & Growth Drivers
- Sulfone Polymers Market Trends & Growth Drivers
- Auto Industry Acts as Bedrock for Propelling PPS Demand
- PPS Thermoplastics Usage Continue to Grow in Aerospace Industry
- Above Average Growth for PPS to be Driven by Filter Bag Industry in Asia-Pacific
- Liquid Crystal Polymers Market Trends & Growth Drivers
The study also analyzes the key end-use sectors of high performance plastics including:
- Automotive & Transportation
- Building & Construction
- Consumer Goods
- Electrical & Electronics
This global report analyzes the high performance plastics comprising
- Fluoropolymers (PTFE, PVDF, FEP, PCTFE, PFA, PVF, ECTFE and ETFE)
- High Performance Polyamides (PA 11, PA12, PA 46, PA 9T, PPA and PARA)
- Sulfone Polymers (PESU, PSU and PPSU)
- Polyphenylene Sulphide (PPS)
- Liquid Crystal Polymers (LCP)
Polyetherimide (PEI) and Polyetheretherketone (PEEK).
Key Topics Covered:
Part A: Global Market Perspective
2. Key Market Trends
3. Industry Landscape
4. Key Business & Product Trends
5. Global Market Overview
Part B: Regional Market Perspective
Global High Performance Plastics Market Overview by Geographic Region
1. The United States
4. Rest Of World
Part C: Guide to the Industry
1. High Performance Plastics Producers
2. Independent High Performance Plastics Compounders and Processers
Part D: Annexure
1. Research Methodology
- 3M Company
- Arkema Group
- Asahi Glass Co Ltd
- BASF SE
- Celanese Corporation
- DIC Corporation
- Daikin Industries Ltd
- Dongyue Group Limited
- E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- EMS-Chemie Holding AG
- Evonik Industries AG
- Fortron Industries LLC
- Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited
- Halopolymer OJSC
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Jiangsu Meilan Chemical Co Ltd
- Kuraray Co., Ltd.
- Kureha Corporation
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Polyplastics Co., Ltd.
- Royal DSM N.V.
- SK Chemicals Co Ltd (INITZ)
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- Shanghai 3F New Material Co Ltd
- Solvay SA
- Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited
- The Chemours Company
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- UBE Industries, Ltd.
- Victrex PLC
- Zhejiang Juhua Co Ltd
- Zhejiang NHU Special Materials Co Ltd
- Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute Chemical Industry
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pbzzbq/high_performance