NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samuel A. Ramirez & Co., Inc., (Ramirez), a full service securities firm and recognized bond market leader, announced that five senior executives dedicated to high-yield and mortgage-backed bonds have joined its sales and trading team. The firm expects hiring to continue into 2017 as it deepens its expertise in these areas of the bond market.
“We are thrilled to bring onboard these seasoned executives," said Samuel Ramirez, president and chief executive officer of the firm. "We are committed to expanding our presence in the taxable arena, and look forward to continued growth in this area."
Under the direction of Ramirez senior vice president Anthony Chiaro, the firm's newest members include:
- Raphael Chierchio joined the firm in November as senior vice president, agency mortgage-backed trading. Chierco has more than 30 years of experience trading mortgage-backed securities, most recently as a managing director with Guggenheim Securities and also with PaineWebber/UBS Securities.
- Karan Chopra joined in August as senior vice president, high-yield credit trading. With 20 years of trading and mutual fund management experience, Chopra most recently was a high-yield trader at FBR Capital Markets. He also worked on the buy-side as a portfolio manager for Dreman Wealth Management and for PNC Debt Capital Markets.
- Kevin Lind joined the firm in November as senior vice president, mortgage-backed sales. Lind's more than 20 years of experience in this area includes serving as a managing director at both CG Capital Markets and Cohen Brothers, and as a director at GMAC-RFC Securities.
- Ralph Papile joined the firm in October as senior vice president, high-yield sales. With more than 20 years of experience in high-yield bond sales, Papile was most recently an executive director at Natixis. He also worked at FBR Capital Markets and was head of high-yield sales for Societe General.
- Lonnie Schaffer joined in October as senior vice president, high-yield sales. Schaeffer has more than 35 years of experience, largely in high-yield corporate credit. Prior to Ramirez, he was a senior vice president at C.L. King, where he helped establish the fixed income sales division, and a high-yield and convertible bond trader at First Albany.
Ramirez is aggressively growing its 55-person institutional sales and trading team in other areas of the bond market, including corporate investment grade, agency debentures and asset-backed securities.
"After 45 years in business, our firm continues to grow and compete in the fixed income market based on the quality of our execution and ideas," said Ramirez. "With both secondary and primary opportunities and market-making capabilities, we are a compelling partner for the institutional market."
About Samuel A. Ramirez & Co., Inc.
Founded in 1971, Ramirez is a nationwide, full service investment bank, brokerage and advisory firm serving institutional clients and retail investors across six core areas: municipal finance, investment banking, fixed income sales and trading, institutional equities, wealth management and asset management. The firm is a leader in the fixed income market and one of the nation's top managing municipal bond underwriters. In addition to its New York City headquarters, Ramirez has offices in Austin, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Orlando, San Antonio, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. More information is available at www.ramirezco.com.