STOCKHOLM, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Tobii AB today reported its results for the third quarter and first nine months of 2016. Highlights for the Group were strong sales growth by Tobii Pro, and the Dell and Acer launches of gaming computers with Tobii eye tracking.
Comment by Tobii’s CEO Henrik Eskilsson:
“The third quarter of the year was characterized by significant investments in product development and sales in all three business units. Tobii Pro delivered another strong quarter in terms of sales. Our investments in Tobii Tech also showed results in the form of launches of gaming products from Acer and Dell. Adjusted for currency effects, the Group’s net sales increased by 12% compared with the third quarter of 2015.”
July – September
· The Group’s sales totaled SEK 255 million (228), an increase of 12%. Adjusted for currency effects, the increase was 12%.
· Gross margin was 73% (72%).
· The Group’s operating loss amounted to SEK -11 million (-8).
· The combined operating profit from Tobii Dynavox and Tobii Pro totaled SEK 31 million (28) while investments in Tobii Tech impacted the Group’s earnings by SEK -42 million (-37).
· Earnings per share was SEK -0.08 (-0.09).
January – September
· The Group’s sales totaled SEK 747 million (680), an increase of 10%. Adjusted for currency effects, the increase was 11%.
· Gross margin was 73% (74%).
· The Group’s operating loss amounted to SEK -57 million (-33).
· The combined operating profit from Tobii Dynavox and Tobii Pro totaled SEK 87 million (85) while investments in Tobii Tech impacted the Group’s earnings by SEK -143 million (-117).
· Earnings per share was SEK -0.55 (-0.22).
Events during the third quarter
· Alienware, Dell’s premier gaming brand, announced a new gaming notebook with integrated Tobii eye tracking.
· Acer announced a new gaming notebook and three monitors with integrated Tobii eye tracking.
Today at 10:00 a.m. Tobii will arrange a conference call with web cast presentation for media, analyst and investors. Please find dial-in details on Tobii’s website under Interim Report Q3 2016 (http://www.tobii.com/group/investors/calendar/interim-report-q3-2016/).
This information is information that Tobii AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, on October 27, 2016, at 8:00 a.m. CET.
Tobii is the global leader in eye tracking. Our vision is a world where all technology works in harmony with natural human behavior. Tobii operates through three business units: Tobii Dynavox makes specially designed computers that are controlled by eye movement or touch screens for use by people with special needs due to spinal cord injuries, CP, ALS or other medical conditions. Tobii Pro develops and sells eye-tracking equipment and services used today by more than 3,000 companies and 2,000 research institutions, including all of the world’s 50 highest ranked universities. Tobii Tech further develops Tobii’s technology for new volume markets, such as computer games, personal computers, virtual reality and vehicles. Tobii is headquartered in Sweden and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (TOBII). The group has around 700 employees. For more information, please visit www.tobii.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com