BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This holiday season, Sam’s Club is giving families the gift of time with the launch of its Scan & Go mobile app. This free app allows members to use their smartphone to completely bypass the checkout lane at any Sam’s Club nationwide.
The Scan & Go app allows Sam’s Club members to scan as they go, pay from their phone, then simply show a digital receipt as they leave. For those mindful of holiday budgets, the new app also allows users to easily track spending throughout their trip.
To get started, Android and iPhone users download the free app, which includes a digital version of their membership card. Once inside their local Sam’s Club, they can use the app to scan UPC codes on items in their cart. When a member is done shopping, they pay directly on their phone from anywhere in the club, bypass the register and show their digital receipt to an associate on their way out.
“We understand the holidays can create a major time crunch for our members, so we’re using technology to ease the stress of holiday shopping,” said Rosalind Brewer, president and CEO of Sam’s Club. “With Scan & Go, members can skip the checkout line and give themselves the gift of more time with their families. Members can also use the app at a number of savings events throughout November and December, saving money and time.”
A season filled with exclusive events kicks off in clubs at 7 a.m. on Sat., Nov. 12. On this day, every Sam’s Club across the country will host a One Day Only event with some of the lowest prices of the season on electronics and items for the home (while supplies last and no rain checks). Deals and online-only specials will be available that day starting at 12:01 a.m. EST at SamsClub.com for direct-to-home delivery. New this year, members who download the Sam’s Club app get an exclusive sneak peek of all the One Day Only and Black Friday deals.
Exclusive Savings Events and Merchandise Previews
Beyond the One Day Only event, there are numerous other exclusive events where members can discover a treasure-trove of gifts, sample fresh foods and stock up on seasonal décor (while supplies last and no rain checks):
- Pre-Black Friday Savings: From 4K televisions to smartphones and tablets, members will find incredible savings on electronics, including the latest technology from Samsung. This one-day-only event will take place on Sat., Nov. 19 in clubs nationwide, with more items and additional savings at SamsClub.com through Wed., Nov. 23.
- Taste of Sam’s Events: The holidays are all about preparing and sharing delicious meals and delectable desserts with family and friends. Three Taste of Sam’s events (Nov. 19-23, Dec. 9-11, Dec. 16-18) will offer members an opportunity to “taste before they buy” with sweet and savory sampling throughout each day.
- Black Friday: Specials will begin at 12:01 a.m. EST on Thurs., Nov. 24 at SamsClub.com and in clubs Fri., Nov. 25 at 7 a.m. Black Friday deals will be available to members throughout that weekend, while supplies last.
- Cyber Week: Members can shop for SamsClub.com Cyber Week deals in their pajamas starting at 12:01 a.m. EST on Sun., Nov. 27 and continue through Fri., Dec. 2 with new offers on top brands added daily.
- Shocking Values Frenzy: Whether planning in advance or last minute shopping, SamsClub.com will have some of the most shocking values you will see all year starting Dec. 5 through Dec. 9. But hurry - quantities are limited and so is the time!
- Last Minute Gifts Event: As Dec. 25 rapidly approaches, members will find even more great savings on cool stocking stuffers, tech and other popular items at the Last Minute Gifts event on Dec. 17 both online and in-club.
Throughout the season, members can shop at home or on-the-go using the Sam’s Club app. And, they can browse SamsClub.com to fill their online carts with seasonal decor, the best in tech finds and more at an exceptional value.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products, savings and services to millions of members in 655 clubs in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. To learn more about Sam’s Club, visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom, shop at SamsClub.com, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter and Facebook.