DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "3D Printed Polymers: A Patent Landscape Analysis - 2016" report to their offering.
Polymer-based 3D printing has been mainstay of 3D printing/additive manufacturing since its inception. It still represents the overwhelming majority of activity for low-cost 3D printers and continues to grow rapidly. In addition, 3D printing has expanded to cover an extraordinarily wide variety of polymers.
This report is based on an extensive search of relevant patents and patent applications published after December 1, 1995 from the US and WO patent databases to identify a broad, yet relevant patent landscape related to polymer materials used for 3D printing. The report presents the quantitative patent landscape, which is essential to identifying the players, technologies, patent filing velocity, geographic distribution, and technology classifications in in the 3DP polymers area.
- What patents have been granted and what patent applications have been filed?
- What are the top cited patents?
- How many patents are being filed each year?
- Who are the most significant inventors, researchers and companies active in the field
- Which companies are making the earliest patent grants?
- What patent families are already claimed and where are the gaps in the IP landscape where new IP rights may be available?
- What is the geographic distribution and technological class distribution of these patents?
- 3D Systems Inc.
- 3M Innovative Properties Company
- Arkema Inc.
- Boeing Co.
- DSM IP Assets B.V.
- Evonik Degussa GMBH
- Hewlett Packard
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stratasys Inc.
University of Texas
Chapter One: Overview and Research Findings Summary
Chapter Two: Active Universities
Chapter Three: Key Inventors
Chapter Four: Patent Trends
Chapter Five: Key Patents Based on Number of Forward Citations
Chapter Six: Technology Analysis by Technology Classifications
Chapter Seven: Geographical Distribution
Chapter Eight: Granular Analysis
Chapter Nine: White Space Analysis
Chapter Ten: Commentary and Guidance
Appendix A: Databases Used
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/73g5ll/3d_printed