PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Technip (Paris:TEC) (ISIN:FR0000131708) (ADR:TKPPY) was awarded by Public Joint Stock Company (PJSC) Kazanorgsintez(1) a contract to provide engineering and procurement of three proprietary SMK™ grassroots furnaces at Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. The furnaces will be part of the ethylene plant at the site.
This project is another step in Kazanorgsintez’ ongoing cracking furnaces replacement program and confirms the long-standing relationship between the two companies. In 2007 and 2015, Technip supplied SMK™ double-cell cracking furnaces to Kazanorgsintez with successful start-up and operation. This furnace type is particulary suitable for cracking high-capacity, low-cost ethane and propane gas feedstock.
Technip’s operating center in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, will execute the project, which is scheduled for mechanical completion in 2018.
Stan Knez, President, Technip Stone & Webster Process Technology, commented: “We value our long-standing relationship with Kazanorgsintez and their continued trust in Technip, the world’s largest ethylene licensor and contractor. Our SMK™ coil technology has been applied in more than 100 installations around the world and is recognized for giving clients reliable, flexible and highly selective solutions to improve operational efficiency.”
- A furnace is an enclosed structure in which material can be heated to high temperatures to produce ethylene and other products. This occurs in two sections. In the radiant section, the tubes receive heat through thermal radiation and the pyrolysis reaction (cracking) takes place. In the convection section, the material is cooled to deliver high thermal efficiency by recovering the remaining heat.
- Technip’s proprietary coil technology used in a furnace.
- Enabling selectivity optimization to obtain very large capacity furnaces
- The largest capacity furnace in the world uses SMK™ technology and has a capacity of 210,000 tons per year of ethylene per furnace cell.
More information on: http://www.technip.com/en/our-business/onshore/ethylene
(1) PJSC Kazanorgsintez is one of the largest chemical industry companies in Russia.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and
construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our close to 32,500 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 45 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip shares are listed on the Euronext Paris exchange, and its ADR is traded in the US on the OTCQX marketplace as an American Depositary Receipt (OTCQX: TKPPY).