DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "5G and Virtual Reality: Emerging Technologies, Solutions, Market Outlook and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Virtual Reality (VR) technology and applications will undergo a substantial transformation during the pre-5G era, leading to mass adoption of full featured, mobile supported, and fully immersive VR technologies in post-5G era starting 2020 (along with the commercial deployment of 5G).
5G is expected to reduce network latency significantly, which will enable many previously tethered-only applications and services such as streaming 4K video, real-time remote control, haptic or tactile communications, and more. Coupled with the deployment of gigabit Ethernet fiber, 5G will transform the VR market, leading to a fully immersive experience with haptic capabilities becoming imbedded in many applications.
- The base market for VR will reach 978M users by 2026
- The accelerated update due to 5G will lead to $72B revenue by 2026
- The combination of gigabit Ethernet and 5G to catapult VR penetration
- Semiconductor components will lead the H/W market with 40% market share
Consumer VR apps to maintain a substantial lead over enterprise and
- Broadband suppliers
- Virtual reality companies
- Electronics manufacturers
- Network service providers
- Regulatory and policy groups
- Artificial intelligence providers
Application and content providers
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Introduction and 5G Contribution to VR
3 VR Ecosystem in Post-5G Era
4 VR Market Outlook in Post-5G Era
5 Potential VR Application in Post-5G Era
6 Company Initiatives and VR Solution Analysis
- Huawei Technologies
- Integrated Device Technology Inc
- Intel Corporation
- LG Corporation
- Leap Motion, Inc.
- Maxim Integrated
- Microsoft Corporation
- NKK Switches
- Nokia StarGazing VR Application
- Nvidia Corporation
- OSVR Platform
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Rohm Semiconductor
- SK Telecom
- Samsung Electronics
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4jtb98/5g_and_virtual