NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fifteen NERA Economic Consulting experts have authored chapters in the recently published seventh edition of The Handbook of Mortgage-Backed Securities. Edited by Dr. Frank J. Fabozzi, one of the world’s foremost authorities on fixed income securities and derivative instruments, The Handbook of Mortgage-Backed Securities is the premier technical resource for participants in the mortgage securities market. This seventh edition is the first revision following the subprime mortgage crisis. As with previous editions dating back to the origins of structured products in the early 1980s, The Handbook is designed to provide not only the fundamentals of securities and the investment characteristics that make them attractive to a broad range of investors, but also extensive coverage of the state-of-the-art strategies for capitalizing on the opportunities in this market.
Dr. Fabozzi selected several NERA Economic Consulting experts to contribute chapters in an effort to offer a broad perspective from practitioners actively involved in the evolution of the mortgage-backed securities market. The Handbook chapters contributed by NERA experts include:
- Director Dr. Sharon Brown-Hruska, who wrote the chapter, “New Regulations for Securitizations and Asset-Backed Securities” with Senior Consultant Georgi Tsvetkov and Senior Analyst Trevor Wagener;
- Chairman Dr. Andrew S. Carron, who wrote “Impact of the Credit Crisis on Mortgage-Backed Securities” with Director Anne Gron and Thomas Schopflocher;
- Senior Consultant Dr. Airat Chanyshev, who wrote “Floating-Rate Mortgage Securities” with Associate Director Erin McHugh and Esther Bruegger;
- Associate Director Dr. Jordan Milev, who wrote “Introduction to Covered Bonds” with Thomas Schopflocher;
- Managing Director and Bankruptcy Practice Chair Dr. Faten Sabry, who wrote “Residential Mortgage Defaults, Foreclosures, and Modifications” with Associate Director Drew Claxton and Senior Consultant Dr. Ignacio Franceschelli; and
- Managing Director Dr. Chudozie Okongwu, who wrote “Credit Derivatives and Mortgage-Backed Securities” with Associate Directors Oksana Kitaychik and Timothy McKenna, and Consultant Giulio Renzi-Ricci.
The Handbook of Mortgage-Backed Securities is published by Oxford University Press and is available for purchase directly through the publisher.
NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com) is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For over half a century, NERA's economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world's leading law firms and corporations. We bring academic rigor, objectivity, and real world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation.
NERA's clients value our ability to apply and communicate state-of-the-art approaches clearly and convincingly, our commitment to deliver unbiased findings, and our reputation for quality and independence. Our clients rely on the integrity and skills of our unparalleled team of economists and other experts backed by the resources and reliability of one of the world's largest economic consultancies. With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from more than 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.