AUGUSTA, Maine--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Motorists in Maine can now easily update their address and physical attributes when obtaining a duplicate license or renewing a license using the Driver License Renewal (DLR) online service, Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap announced today.
This new option, which also applies to ID cards, is available as of Oct. 5, 2016. Previously, the online renewal service was not available to those who wanted to update their address, height, weight or hair color.
Class C licenses, which are issued to non-commercial drivers, are valid for six years. The online renewal service is available to any Maine licensed driver with an active motor vehicle license or motorcycle license, and any holder of an ID card.
However, the online renewal service is not available if:
- Your privilege to operate is suspended or revoked.
- You hold a commercial driver’s license.
- You hold a driver’s license from another state.
- You have not provided proof of legal presence to the BMV.
- You have not previously provided proof of residency to the BMV.
- You changed your name since your last renewal.
- You have developed a medical condition or an existing medical condition has changed since your last renewal.
- You need an eye exam. (Vision screenings are required at the first license renewal after attaining age 40, at every second renewal after that, and at every license renewal after attaining age 62.)
The DLR online service requires the purchase of a renewal or duplicate license, or ID card. Motorists who wish to update their information without obtaining a new card can simply call or stop in to their local Bureau of Motor Vehicles. The state of Maine partners with InforME, the Information Resource of Maine, for administration of its online services.
Maine.gov (http://www.Maine.gov) is the official Web portal of the state of Maine. Maine.gov is a service of InforME, a collaborative effort between the state of Maine and Maine Information Network, LLC, part of the NIC (EGOV) family of companies.
Founded in 1992, NIC (Nasdaq: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of innovative digital government solutions and secure payment processing, which help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides digital government solutions for more than 4,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the “100 Best Small Companies in America” six times and the company has been included four times on the Barron’s 400 Index. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.