The South Africa report looks at the current offerings in MFS, the traditional banking sector and the market structure for the mobile network operators in South Africa, and provides a detailed review of South Africa's regulations in place. These are then taken into account in order to estimate the overall current market opportunity in South Africa and to forecast potential growth in MFS usage through to 2018.
All around the world, people are watching Africa as a case study on whether and how mobile financial services (MFS) can transform developing economies, and the way business is conducted within them. Much as mobile phones leapfrogged fixed line infrastructure and provided large numbers of previously unconnected consumers with access to telecommunications, MFS has the potential to deliver financial inclusion to the unbanked. Access to mobile wallets may facilitate interest-accruing savings, electronic payments that reduce costs, cheaper remittances, affordable insurance, and many other previously unavailable or unaffordable products and services.
What is the report for?
Identifying growth opportunities:
- African market entry
- Customer targeting
- Regulatory compliance
What does the report consider?
- Market Sizing: MFS revenue estimates and how this is split across service types, value chain levels, and service provider organization types
- Potential Opportunity: Growth expectations over the coming five years, and which players may be best positioned to capitalize on this opportunity
- Strategic and Operational Considerations: Elements of MFS to be assessed when considering implementing MFS initiatives
- Market Structure by Country: Ecosystem overviews that explore the various adoption drivers and business models
Key Topics Covered:
- MFS in South Africa
- Traditional Payments and Banking
- Telecommunications Sector
- Mobile Financial Services
- South Africa Regulatory Overview
Detailed South Africa Regulatory Framework
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jndp4j/mobile_financial