BURTON, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HEXPOL, a leading global provider of elastomer compounds, has embraced continuous improvement principles that measure and help improve their customers’ process quality, productivity, and performance.
HEXPOL’s Field Technical Services Group uses these principles to collaborate with customers to measure and improve their processes, reducing time-to-market for their products and achieving higher performance in all areas of their operations.
Continuous Improvement has been around for decades and countless enterprises implement some or all of its components. Organizations as varied as manufacturing, retail, healthcare and education – to name a few – use the model to facilitate improvements to processes, products, and services.
To achieve these goals, HEXPOL developed a unique Continuous Process Improvement model, including the eight components listed below. Following this model, HEXPOL works with its customers to achieve product specification requirements that help ensure end-product excellence.
- Application Definition – Understanding how the rubber compound will be used helps ensure that the formulation has the right properties and will deliver performance requirements for the end product.
- Knowledge & Resources – HEXPOL rubber compounding experience, technical and process expertise, and industry knowledge help customers compete in their target markets.
- Formulation & Testing – This step helps determine if a custom formulation, an existing HEXPOL formulation, or a customer recipe is appropriate for the application.
- Trial Batch – Ensuring that the formulation is correct in the lab shortens development time and reduces time to market for HEXPOL customers’ products.
- Technical Visit Reports – Confidential on-site reviews analyze attributes such as equipment, operator activities, and processes to provide improvement objectives with clear action items to solve problems.
- Chemistry Modifications – For a variety of reasons, such as process changes, new equipment, or new raw materials, formulations must be adjusted. HEXPOL helps identify issues and make modifications.
- Set Process Levels – Before full production begins, HEXPOL works with the customer to ensure the process is operating within established parameters
- Continuous Tech Support – Ongoing tech support can bring strategic, operational, supply chain, and financial benefits to HEXPOL customers.
The HEXPOL team of polymer chemists, industry experts, and customer service representatives help customers make linear, incremental and measureable changes to existing processes that will improve quality, productivity, and performance.
For more information about HEXPOL’s Continuous Process Improvement method or other products and services, visit the company’s website at www.hexpolcompounding.com. To download a copy of HEXPOL’s Continuous Process Improvement brochure or the Continuous Process Improvement white paper, visit www.HEXPOLcontprocessimprove.com.
About HEXPOL Compounding
HEXPOL is the leading global developer and manufacturer of quality polymer compounds. The company provides proprietary and standard rubber compounding solutions to the automotive and transportation; energy, oil & gas; wire and cable; medical and pharmaceutical; general industrial; building and construction; water treatment; tire and toll, and consumer markets.
Sixteen locations in North America include legacy names such as Gold Key Processing, Burton Rubber Processing, Chase Elastomer, Colonial Rubber Works, Robbins LLC, Kardoes Rubber, HEXPOL Silicone Compounding, and RheTech. HEXPOL capabilities include: Rubber Compounding, Rolls, Specialty Products, Tire and Toll, Retreading, TPE Compounding, Silicone Compounding, and Outsourcing Services.
Based in Malmo, Sweden, HEXPOL has a global footprint, with manufacturing facilities strategically located to serve customers across North America, Europe and Asia. HEXPOL is a U.S. $1.3 billion a year business with 3,900 employees at 34 locations in 11 countries. HEXPOL is a public company traded on the Nordic Stock Exchange.