SYDNEY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nuance Communications today announced a new OmniPage software developer kit and server that provide powerful modules and APIs to create innovative document conversion and data capture solutions. The OmniPage Capture Software Development Kit (SDK) adds extraordinary new capabilities on top of the world’s most accurate OCR technology providing new choices and unparalleled capabilities in document classification, routing and processing automation to software engineers. OmniPage Server is a highly scalable, 24/7, industrial strength standalone server product for document conversions or for linking business applications requiring high-volume document processing and conversion.
“Context aware capture technology enables organisations to utilise OCR solutions that drive strategic business processes with direct lines to revenue generation and employee productivity, said Ron Glaz, research director, document solutions and services at IDC. “The OCR solutions driving the most meaningful business results in the industry today start with premium character recognition which in turn delivers accurate word identification for the best possible contextual awareness. The organisations that move from image to awareness the fastest with the minimal effort realise the maximum benefits.”
OmniPage Capture SDK for Windows
Leveraging the new features and functionality of the updated Capture SDK, users can create powerful productivity applications with enhanced automation tools, greatly reducing manual verification for faster time to market. New capabilities include:
- Document Classifier empowers developers to create applications that separate documents consisting of multiple types and apply different processing technologies to each document type. This helps businesses create automated document preprocesses, such as invoice sorting and document routing, within an organisation.
- Intelligent Workflow Runner features a new XML descriptor that defines the conversion processes with as many settings as required to produce the best possible format and OCR results from the original documents. It also includes a utility that converts OmniPage Ultimate Workflows into XML, and an API that connects into a COM Server to queue up and manage conversion jobs. The unmatched level of automation in this feature ensures that developers don’t have to dedicate time to creating these processes on their own.
- The Mixed Raster Content compression method to create small-sized PDF files with perfectly legible textual content has been enhanced with the latest JPEG2000 compression technology and now delivers faster, more efficient PDF creation.
- Improved Logical Form Recognition technology with support for radio buttons and enhanced recognition of checkboxes. This enables more accurate conversion of scanned forms into fillable PDF forms.
- Central Licensing significantly increases the productivity of developing server applications with OCR capabilities. This unit can manage multiple OmniPage SDK runtimes to provide automatic scalability to server applications for high volume document conversion processing. Also available with this new licensing are page and term-based licenses that can be tailored to meet specific business needs.
OmniPage Server for Windows
The new OmniPage Server with APIs gives developers and business process owners a sophisticated new tool for high volume document conversion that can be run standalone as a complete solution or connected to business system applications for more comprehensive workflows. It is the ideal solution for organisations that want to quickly and easily create automated, watched folder conversion processes with minimal effort from their local IT. The server also allows more sophisticated business application developers to programmatically connect to other applications further enhancing and advancing business infrastructure and processes. Product capabilities include:
- A simple-to-use API enabling developers to integrate OCR functions into client applications which can support virtually all operating system platforms for desktop computers and mobile devices
- Web browser integration allowing end users to initiate conversion processes and access the results using their preferred browser
- Watched Folder Support providing users the ability to quickly process scanned documents in network folders that automatically place the converted, editable and searchable files into output subfolders for archival or additional use in the document workflow.
“The two OmniPage solutions, OmniPage Capture SDK and OmniPage Server, address a wide spectrum of developer needs ranging from assembling reliable and fast document conversion applications with low effort to developing sophisticated and robust workflow solutions,” said Chris Strammiello, vice president of global alliances and strategic marketing, Nuance Document Imaging. “They provide the high OCR accuracy and quality document imaging needed to create strategic, impactful applications.”
The OmniPage Capture SDK 20 and OmniPage Server with APIs delivers to developers everything they need to add robust imaging, optical character recognition (OCR), and PDF creation and conversion capabilities into applications as well as barcode recognition technology, intelligent character recognition, zonal recognition and more. The OmniPage Capture SDK version 19 also features editions that support Linux and Macintosh. Please go to http://china.nuance.com/products/by-product/omnipage/for-developers/index.htm for more information and a detailed comparison by features.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com
Trademark reference: Nuance, OmniPage and the Nuance logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.