MONTREAL--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In anticipation of the nationwide release of Underworld: Blood Wars, in theaters January 6, 2017, Ludia launched today on iOS and Android, a fast-paced gaming experience based on the latest 2 installments of the popular Underworld film franchise. The war between Lycans and Vampires is raging and it’s time for you to gear up, build your deck and fight the fight to end it all.
Select your Champions from the latest Underworld movies’ vast array of characters in this real-time multiplayer game that blends CCG (Collectible Card Game) mechanics and deck building. Will you fight for the Lycans, Vampires, or both? Battle live as your Champions, and those loyal to them, cross multiple Battle Zones, attacking nearby opponents with brutal close and long range strikes.
Things are bound to get bloody messy as only the last Champion standing can take the spoils of war and earn reward packs to marshal their forces. Build up your unique army by collecting over 250 cards inspired by Underworld: Awakening and Underworld: Blood Wars!
“Ludia is proud to add Underworld to its list of world-renowned entertainment franchises and transform it into a unique collectible card game experience,” says Alex Thabet, President and CEO of Ludia Games. “This exceptional game is sure to give avid players an adrenaline boost as they fight their way through real-time battles where only one can survive.”
With the mobile Underworld game, players will live the intensity of the Vampires-Lycans war like never before:
- Choose your favorite characters from the latest Underworld films to be your Champions and take advantage of their unique fighting styles;
- Make real-time decisions that have real-time consequences. Observe your opponent's moves and attacks on the battlefield and plan your counter-attack on the fly;
- Get control of the battlefield as you move your Champion and supporting characters over multiple Battle Zones, attacking at close and long-range as you see fit;
- Lead the attack and compete in head-to-head battles to improve your rank and win exclusive cards and bonuses;
- Build your own style to turn the tides in your favor. Collect and create cards from hundreds of new characters, weapons, and moves never before seen in the Underworld universe.
About Underworld: Blood Wars
The next installment in the blockbuster franchise from Screen Gems and Lakeshore Entertainment, UNDERWORLD: BLOOD WARS follows Vampire death dealer, Selene (Kate Beckinsale) as she fends off brutal attacks from both the Lycan clan and the Vampire faction that betrayed her. With her only allies, David (Theo James) and his father Thomas (Charles Dance), she must stop the eternal war between Lycans and Vampires, even if it means she has to make the ultimate sacrifice. Directed by Anna Foerster with a screenplay by Cory Goodman and a story by Kyle Ward and Cory Goodman, based on characters created by Kevin Grevioux and Len Wiseman & Danny McBride, the film is produced by Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi, Len Wiseman, Richard Wright, and David Kern.
About Ludia Inc.
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our innovative and high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers. For more information visit www.ludia.com, as well as our Facebook and LinkedIn pages, or follow us on Twitter.