CHARLESTON, S.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health benefits companies, announced today that it has launched a series of disaster relief efforts assisting its associates, members and communities impacted by Hurricane Matthew.
Humana Southeast Regional Medicare President Jim Laughlin, said, “We know many of our associates and health plan members, across North Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas, are suffering and in need of our help. We are particularly concerned about the health and well-being of those who may be without basic necessities, such as electricity, food and water.”
In response, Humana has taken these steps to assist people and communities affected by the massive storm:
- Waiving all requirements for primary care physician (PCP) referrals
- Providing enrollees with the same cost-sharing they would get at an in-network facility
- Removing prescription drug limitations such as “Refill too soon” rejection notices that prevent replacing lost medications
- Opening its toll-free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) hotline beyond Humana associates and members to include the community. Counselors and Work-Life Specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-866-440-6556 to provide free, confidential assistance to anyone needing help and support in coping with the disaster and its aftermath.
“Devastating storms like this can have a serious effect on the well-being of those trying to cope with the aftermath, which is why we’re encouraging not only our members and associates, but the community at large, to call our free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and speak to one of our counselors,” said Laughlin.
Humana Medicare, commercial and individual members with questions about services available to them should call the toll-free phone number on the back of their Humana ID card.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health and well-being company focused on making it easy for people to achieve their best health with clinical excellence through coordinated care. The company’s strategy integrates care delivery, the member experience, and clinical and consumer insights to encourage engagement, behavior change, proactive clinical outreach and wellness for the millions of people we serve across the country.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information