A cough is a common reflex action that aims to clear the throat of mucus or foreign irritants. Dry cough, chronic cough and whooping cough (also known as pertussis) are distinct types of cough. Symptoms include runny or stuffy nose, hoarseness, wheezing and shortness of breath, heartburn or a sour taste in mouth and rarely coughing up blood. The predisposing factors include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cigarette smoking, lung diseases such as bronchiectasis, interstitial lung disease, or tumors, lung infections such as pneumonia or acute bronchitis and allergic rhino sinusitis. Treatment includes cough suppressants, oral expectorants, and topical (externally applied) drugs.
Cough pipeline therapeutics constitutes close to 26 molecules. Out of which approximately 25 molecules are developed by Companies and remaining by the Universities/Institutes. The molecules developed by Companies in Phase III, Phase II, Preclinical, Discovery and Unknown stages are 3, 8, 10, 1 and 3 respectively. Similarly, the Universities portfolio in Preclinical stages comprises 1 molecules, respectively.
Cough - Pipeline Review, H2 2016, outlays comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development for Cough, complete with analysis by stage of development, drug target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type. It also reviews of key players involved in therapeutic development for Cough and features dormant and discontinued projects.
Key Topics Covered:
- Cough Overview
- Therapeutics Development
- Pipeline Products for Cough - Overview
- Pipeline Products for Cough - Comparative Analysis
- Cough - Therapeutics under Development by Companies
- Cough - Therapeutics under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
- Cough Products Glance
- Late Stage Products
- Clinical Stage Products
- Early Stage Products
- Cough - Products under Development by Companies
- Cough - Products under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
- Cough - Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
- Afferent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Alitair Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Alveonix AG
- AstraZeneca Plc
- AusBio Ltd
- Charleston Laboratories, Inc.
- Conrig Pharma ApS
- Daewoong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- GW Pharmaceuticals Plc
- Hyundai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson
- NeRRe Therapeutics Ltd
- Orbis Biosciences Inc
- Patara Pharma, Inc.
- Pila Pharma AB
- Vernalis Plc
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/82trzt/cough_pipeline.