DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Asia Battery Energy Storage Market Opportunity Analysis" report to their offering.
Four Asian countries - Japan, China, South Korea and Taiwan are already home to several leading battery manufacturers. In fact, some of them are included among the top 10 battery making companies in the world. As per all projections Asian market for battery energy storage systems is going to share the largest segment. At present, the entry of foreign battery suppliers is quite difficult in South Korea, Japan or China due to limited size and presence of large number of domestic suppliers. But as the market is poised to expand substantially more foreign investments are very like to flow in Asia including these three countries.
The number of grid connected renewable electricity generation plants is increasing exponentially and is projected to increase continuously in at least two decades across the region particularly in China, India, Japan, South Korea and Philippines. As a result the need for frequency regulation in the electric grid to accommodate the intermitted generation from solar or wind power plants will also grow. The current trends of using battery based energy storage have already eliminated the need of having spinning reserves for emergency power backup.
Large sized battery energy storage systems are likely to replace a majority of existing spinning reserves in the form of gas or diesel generation sets by 2022 and by 2025 the energy storage systems with the electric utilities will be battery only. Frequency response is likely to represent the largest share of applications of BESSs in terms of storage capacity in the coming years. Grid frequency regulation and renewable integration - these two main areas of applications of BESEs are estimated to occupy more than three-fourth of market leaving the rest for off-grid electricity, residential and electric vehicles.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Battery Energy Storage System Overview
2. Technological Aspects of Battery in Energy Storage System
3. Battery Energy Storage Applications
4. Japan Battery Energy Storage System Market Outlook
5. China Battery Energy Storage System Market Outlook
6. India Battery Energy Storage System Market Outlook
7. South Korea Battery Energy Storage System Market Outlook
8. Rest of Asia (Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines)
9. Favorable Market Parameters
10. Commercial Challenges & Issues to be Resolved
11. Asia Battery Energy Storage Future Outlook
12. Company Profiles
- China Aviation Lithium Battery (CALB)
- Kokam Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem
- NGK Insulators
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4p3cv3/asia_battery