DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Galectin 3 (35 kDa Lectin or Carbohydrate Binding Protein 35 or Galactose Specific Lectin 3 or Galactoside Binding Protein or IgE Binding Protein or Laminin Binding Proteinor Mac 2 Antigen or LGALS3) - Pipeline Review, H2 2016" report to their offering.
Galectin 3 pipeline Target constitutes close to 14 molecules. Out of which approximately 14 molecules are developed by Companies.
Our latest report Galectin 3 - Pipeline Review, H2 2016, outlays comprehensive information on the Galectin 3 (35 kDa Lectin or Carbohydrate Binding Protein 35 or Galactose Specific Lectin 3 or Galactoside Binding Protein or IgE Binding Protein or Laminin Binding Proteinor Mac 2 Antigen or LGALS3) targeted therapeutics, complete with analysis by indications, stage of development, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type.
Galectin-3 is a protein encoded by the LGALS3 gene. It mediates with the alpha-3, beta-1 integrin the stimulation by CSPG4 of endothelial cells migration. It acts as a pre-mRNA splicing factor. It is involved in acute inflammatory responses including neutrophil activation and adhesion, chemoattraction of monocytes macrophages, opsonization of apoptotic neutrophils, and activation of mast cells. The molecules developed by Companies in Phase II, Preclinical and Discovery stages are 2, 10 and 2 respectively.
Furthermore, this report also reviews key players involved in Galectin 3, targeted therapeutics development, features dormant and discontinued projects and latest news and press releases.
Key Topics Covered:
- Galectin 3 Overview
- Therapeutics Development
- Pipeline Products for Galectin 3 - Overview
- Pipeline Products for Galectin 3 - Comparative Analysis
- Galectin 3 - Therapeutics under Development by Companies
- Galectin 3 - Therapeutics under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
- Galectin 3 Products Glance
- Late Stage Products
- Clinical Stage Products
- Early Stage Products
- Galectin 3 - Products under Development by Companies
- Galectin 3 - Products under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
- Galectin 3 - Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
- Angion Biomedica Corp.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Galectin Therapeutics, Inc.
- GlycoMimetics, Inc.
- MandalMed, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fjbb2m/galectin_3_35