BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wayfair (NYSE: W) one of the world’s largest online destinations for home furnishings and décor, today announced the Top 20 Most Spooktacular U.S. Neighborhoods for Halloween. The ranking is based on Wayfair.com sales data by region of Halloween goods across popular categories including housewares, decorative accents, outdoor decorations, lighting, and seasonal décor.
“From festive and frightful entryways and family rooms to wickedly wonderful kitchens and dining spaces, Halloween décor doesn’t stop at the front door anymore,” said Alex Bowman, lead trend forecaster, Wayfair. “While our shoppers are most certainly tricking out their front porches and walkways, they are also embracing Halloween throughout just about every room of the home. Whether entertaining with spooktacular bakeware and serve ware, or cozying up living spaces with decorative Halloween-themed throws, pillows and bedding, seasonal decorating has become a popular way to join in on the holiday fun.”
Top 20 U.S. Neighborhoods1 for Halloween Décor:
1. Naples, Florida
11. Los Angeles, California
|2. New York City, New York||
12. Denver, Colorado
|3. Raleigh, North Carolina||
13. Hartford, Connecticut
|4. New Orleans, Louisiana||
14. Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|5. Cincinnati, Ohio||
15. Atlanta, Georgia
|6. Austin, Texas||
16. Omaha, Nebraska
|7. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma||
17. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
|8. Dallas, Texas||
18. Houston, Texas
|9. Charlotte, North Carolina||
19. Indianapolis, Indiana
|10. Miami, Florida||
20. Phoenix, Arizona
Other frightful findings from Wayfair’s Halloween goods sales data2:
Wayfair data revealed there’s a spooky showing in the South, as the region is home to more than half of the neighborhoods on the list including Raleigh, North Carolina at number three; New Orleans, Louisiana in fourth place, followed by Austin, Texas at number six.
- New York City is often referred to as the “City That Never Sleeps”, so it’s no surprise that Wayfair shoppers in the Big Apple have ordered the most drinkware.
Top selling Halloween drinkware: 1.5 oz. Skull Shot Glass
Other popular tabletop items: Spider Web Round Tablecloth, Halloween Patchwork Table Runner, Shadow of Doom Skull and Bones Sculptural Candlestick
- Southern hospitality rings true in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This locale is home to the most gracious Halloween party hosts, as Wayfair customers here have purchased the most goods for entertaining and baking.
Top selling Halloween entertaining piece: Pumpkin Toss 2 Piece Serving Bowl and Spreader Set
Top selling Halloween bakeware: Pro Cast Pumpkin Patch Pan
- Portland, Maine is ready for trick-or-treaters, as this New England neighborhood has purchased a scary number of outdoor Halloween decorations.
Top selling outdoor Halloween decoration: Zombie Flamingo Set
Other popular outdoor Halloween decorations: Halloween Pumpkin Carriage Stand with Spider Wheel, 2 Piece Lighted Mummy Pumpkins, Handmade Wicked Witch Shoes Doormat
- Wayfair shoppers in Hartford, Connecticut are wild about decorative accents such as throw pillows, which are an easy way to enhance any boo-ring space.
Top selling throw pillow: Boo Lumbar Pillow
Halloween enthusiasts can browse Wayfair’s vast selection of fun and frightful Halloween furnishings and décor at: http://www.wayfair.com/deals/halloween-sale.
1Highest number of purchases of Halloween goods, included in on-site sales events, across various categories per Wayfair shopper for metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) with more than 10,000 Wayfair customers from October 1, 2015 to October 1, 2016. Featured categories in the report include accent furniture, bedding, decorative accents, entertainment furniture, kitchen and dining furniture, lighting, outdoor décor and structures, rugs, seasonal décor, tabletop, and recreation.
2Highest percentage of Halloween goods purchased across each individual category per Wayfair shopper for MSAs with more than 10,000 Wayfair customers from October 1, 2015 to October 1, 2016.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in net revenues for full year 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. The company employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe.