DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "OpportunityAnalyzer: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2024" drug pipelines to their offering.
In 2014, sales for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) at approximately $3.45 billion across the 7MM covered in this report, which include the US, 5EU and Japan.
The market will grow moderately at a CAGR of 3.20% during the 10-year forecast period, generating sales of approximately $4.75 billion at the end of 2024.
The US market is expected to grow the fastest of the three regions, recording a CAGR of 3.70% and generating around 75% of global sales in 2024.
The major drivers for this growth across the 7MM will be the launch of Actelion's Uptravi and the increased use of double and triple combination therapy.
- The major drivers for growth across the 7MM in the PAH market during the forecast period will be the launch of the first-in-class prostacyclin receptor agonist, Uptravi marketed by Actelion and the increased use of combination therapy.
- KOLs interviewed by GlobalData opined that Uptravi has a promising future as a second-line therapy in the PAH market, and has the potential to displace oral treprostinil's market position.
- The highest revenue generators in the 7MM market at the end of 2024 will be Actelion's Veletri, Opsumit and Uptravi and Bayer's Adempas.
- In other interviews, KOLs highlighted that the greatest unmet need in the PAH disease space is the need to develop novel drugs with curative or disease-stabilizing properties.
- Low disease awareness, declining population in the 5EU and Japan, high cost of drugs and patent expirations of branded drugs are the major barriers for growth in the PAH market during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Disease Overview
5 Competitive Assessment
5.2 Diagnosis and Treatment
5.3 Clinical Practice
5.4 Product Profiles - Endothelin Receptor Antagonists
5.4.1 Tracleer (bosentan)
5.4.2 Volibris/Letairis (Ambrisentan)
5.4.3 Opsumit (macitentan)
5.5 Product Profiles - Phosphodiesterase Type 5 Inhibitors
5.5.1 Revatio (sildenafil citrate)
5.5.2 Adcirca (tadalafil)
5.6 Product Profile - Soluble Guanylate Cyclase Stimulator
5.6.1 Adempas (riociguat)
5.7 Product Profiles - Prostacyclin Derivatives
5.7.1 Flolan and Generics (epoprostenol)
5.7.2 Veletri (epoprostenol)
5.7.3 Ventavis (iloprost)
5.7.4 Remodulin (treprostinil)
5.7.5 Tyvaso (Treprostinil)
5.7.6 Orenitram (treprostinil)
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis
6.1.1 Novel Curative or Stabilizing Therapeutics
6.1.2 Improved Efficacy
6.1.3 Biomarkers and Assays to Tailor Treatment
6.1.4 Drugs to Prevent Right Heart Failure
7 R&D Strategies
7.2 Clinical Trial Design
8 Pipeline Assessment
8.2 Promising Drugs in Late-Stage Clinical Development
8.3 Innovative Early-Stage Approaches
9 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
9.1 Clinical Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
9.2 Commercial Benchmark of Key Pipeline Drugs
9.3 Competitive Assessment
9.4 Top Line 10-Year Forecast
- United Therapeutics
- Eli Lilly
- Nippon Shinyaku
- Toray Pharmaceuticals
- Reata Pharmaceuticals
- Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Pluristem Therapeutics
- Mochida Pharmaceuticals
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q3nwsh/opportunityanalyze