NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that it will be hosting a Tabletop Gaming Meet Up at all of its stores nationwide on Saturday, October 15, starting at 7 p.m. This past April, Barnes & Noble hosted its first-ever gaming meet up at all of its nearly 640 stores across the country, and as a result of its huge popularity with customers, the Company is once again inviting customers to visit their local store and come together to enjoy a leading selection of great games with friends and family.
“We are thrilled to report that our customers’ enthusiastic response to the Tabletop Gaming Meet Up in April made it apparent that we needed to bring it back and respond to their call for a fun evening out with friends, family and members of their local community,” said Kathleen Campisano, Vice President, Toys & Games at Barnes & Noble. “Barnes & Noble is already a leading destination where customers spend quality time together, and hosting a tabletop gaming meet up at our stores across the country was the obvious next step in providing them with an alternative night out and the opportunity to meet new people through gameplay.”
“Barnes & Noble’s nearly 640 stores across the country are the perfect destination for the rich social experience of tabletop gaming. Gamers nationwide will be able to gather together in the spirit of strategic thinking, healthy competition, and most importantly, fun.” said Andrew Lupp of the gaming industry organization, PSI. “Barnes & Noble’s expertly curated selection of games and community-centric environments create a gamer ‘place of worship’ for both new and experienced gamers throughout the country.”
Featured games will represent a leading assortment from Barnes & Noble’s vast selection, including:
- Red Flags: In this hilarious party game, players create the best date for "The Single" (the judge for the round). But there is a catch. Players may also play "Red Flags" (bad traits) in an attempt to sabotage another player's hot date. For adults only!
- Onitama: Players vie to capture their opponent’s Master, or, traverse their Master across the board to their opponent’s last row to win the game. To do this, you will be armed with only five ancient maneuvers. Can you out-think, out-maneuver, and out-wit your opponent?
- Warehouse 51: In Warehouse 51, players are multimillionaires from across the globe who try to outbid each other to win ancient artifacts. The millionaire who can make out with the most valuable items while also avoiding the mystic perils that accompany these magical items will win!
- World’s Fair 1893: Players are organizers of this spectacular international exhibition, working diligently to obtain the grand exhibits that will be put on display. The organizer who has earned the best reputation when the fair begins will emerge the victor!
- Boss Monster: Boss Monster pits 2-4 players in a competition to build the ultimate side-scrolling dungeon. Players compete to lure and destroy hapless adventurers, who hope to do battle with the Boss Monster and see who can build the most enticing, treasure-filled dungeon.
- Kitty Paw: Kitty Paw is a crazy dexterity and reaction game where players race to be the first to complete the Kitty combinations shown on the Kitty cards to score victory points. The player with the most victory points in the end wins.
Participants will have the chance to play against each other to get some great promo cards for Red Flags, Onitama, Worlds Fair 1893, Kitty Paw and Boss Monster. Customers should contact their local store to find out the full list of prizes available.
Each game will be available to play starting at 7:00 p.m. Participants are encouraged to take fun photos of themselves while gaming and upload to their social media channels using the special hashtag, #BNGameNight. For more information on the event, customers can visit the Barnes & Noble Blog.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 638 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com), plus periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.