DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Opportunity Analyzer: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2025" drug pipelines to their offering.
The IPF therapeutic market is currently dominated by the only two drugs that have gained marketing approval for IPF - Roche's Esbriet and Boehringer Ingelheim's Ofev.
Esbriet was the first drug to gain approval for IPF in 2011 when it was approved for use in Europe, a full four years before rival Ofev. However, both gained approval into the largest IPF market of the US on the same day in October 2014. The top-selling drug in IPF in value terms is Roche's Esbriet, which GlobalData estimates generated approximately $572m in 2015 from the seven major markets.
There is high R&D activity for the development of new therapies for IPF and eight promising therapies can potentially enter the market from 2015 to 2025. Numerous novel targets are being studied in the IPF pipeline, with major pharmaceutical players Roche, Sanofi, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Biogen all active in the development process.
Other promising pipeline candidates include FibroGen's CTGF inhibitor, Promedior's PTX2 protein, Afferent's P2X3 receptor antagonist, and MediciNova's 5-LO/LT pathway inhibitor. The continued uptake of Esbriet and Ofev, combined with the introduction of new novel drugs will shape the future competitive landscape and drive growth in the IPF market.
Key Questions Answered
- What was the impact of Esbriet and Ofev on the IPF market following their FDA approval in 2014 and what is their future outlook within this market?
- What do physicians think about Esbriet and Ofev, and how they will be used for IPF during the forecast period?
- What is the significance of late-phase pipeline products and how will their launch shape the future treatment landscape in IPF?
- What are the unmet needs within the IPF market?
- What are the remaining opportunities within the IPF market?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Disease Overview
5 Current Treatment Options
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis
7 R&D Strategies
8 Pipeline Assessment
9 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
- Afferent Pharmaceuticals
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Kadmon Corporation
- Moerae Matrix
- ProMetic Life Sciences
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nx9bf8/opportunityanalyze