This 3 day course provides attendees with a good understanding of how to effectively manage an organisation's documents and records. The importance of information, and why it is difficult to manage, is explained, along with constraints and benefits of improving management of the information. Approaches and techniques to improve management of documents and records are explained, with practical exercises helping reinforce the concepts. Attendees will learn sound ways to develop and implement projects to improve document and records management within an organisation.
Improving how we manage our documents and records can save organisations money by reducing storage, reducing time spent to find the correct information and ensuring that organisations do not breach regulations and incur penalties. Effective Document and records Management (DRM) provides organisations with the capability to leverage information effectively and meet compliance requirements.
- Understand the importance of document control in a project management cycle
- Learn key techniques and approaches to effectively organising and managing your documents and records
- Identify the key components required to implement an effective document and records control system
- Implement international best practices to set up your project document control process and procedures
- Comply with international standards in document and records control including ISO 9000, ISO 14001, ISO 17025 ISO/TS 29001 or OHSAS 18001
- Enable the accuracy of data and metadata through the use of data quality control, quality assurance and audit procedures
- Understand the different project documents flow within project teams which will help to improve document control process
- Recognise the challenges and risks faced by document controllers in regulated industries
- Develop your document control process that adjacent to the quality assurance system
- Gain knowledge on how poor document control contributes to failures and accidents
- Examine selected case studies from engineering, energy, construction, healthcare & finance industries
- Comprehend the even bigger concepts of content and information management in your organisation
- Understand the challenges that technologies including BYOD, cloud and mobile bring to document and records management
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cgd44j/advanced_document