Carotenoids are a class of phytonutrients found in the cells of a wide variety of plants, bacteria, and algae, which help plants absorb light energy for the process of photosynthesis. They play an important antioxidant function of deactivating free radicals (single oxygen atoms that can damage cells by reacting with other molecules). Carotenoids are responsible for the bright red, yellow, and orange colors in fruits and vegetables. These pigments play an important role in plant health. Also, people eating carotenoid-rich food get health benefits.
The global carotenoids market to grow at a CAGR of 4.02% during the period 2016-2020.
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global carotenoids market for 2016-2020. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from the sale of the beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, astaxanthin, and other (lycopene, canthaxanthin, annatto, capsanthin, fucoxanthin, and trans-ß-apo-8'-carotenal. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Allied Biotech
- Kemin Industries
- Koninklijke DSM
Other prominent vendors
- Alga technologies
- D.D. Williamson
- Farbest Brands
- Guangzhou Leader Bio-Technology
- PAT Vitamins
- Valensa International
Key questions answered in this report
- What will the market size be in 2020 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nm5mjp/global