NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rabobank North America Wholesale has opened nominations for its three annual awards, which recognize organizations embodying the spirit of leadership, business and environmental sustainability, and innovation in the food and agribusiness (F&A) industry. Contenders are reviewed by a judging panel of esteemed individuals across industry, academia and the public sector. Nominations will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, October 21st, 2016.
“For the past few years, Rabobank has awarded outstanding companies in the food and agribusiness sector for their achievements in leadership, innovation and sustainability – three areas we believe are critical to the successful future of this global industry,” said Rajiv Singh, CEO, Rabobank North America Wholesale. “Building on this momentum, we are excited to celebrate the strides a new set of companies are making towards ensuring the availability, access, quality, and stability of food for years to come.”
2016 Award Categories
Companies in the F&A industry can either nominate themselves or another company they feel is deserving of one of the awards. Click on the links below to access the nomination forms.
The overall Rabobank Award for Leadership & Excellence recognizes an organization that has embodied the spirit of innovation and business sustainability during the past year. The organization will have:
- Achieved significant success as a leader in building, rejuvenating, or expanding a business in the food, agribusiness or beverage sectors;
- Taken responsibility for environmental and social wellbeing, have an excellent track record in social commitments, shared values for business and society and good corporate citizenship;
- Strong financial performance;
- Been recognized and set standards within the industry
The 2015 Rabobank Award for Leadership & Excellence was awarded to Jackson Family Wines, chosen for its significant growth and market share, global consumer appeal, and pioneering approaches in renewable energy.
The Rabobank Leader in Sustainability Award recognizes an organization making significant strides towards business, environmental, social and governance sustainability over the last year. The winner will have:
- Developed programs and/or initiatives aimed at improving business, environmental, social and governance sustainability;
- Demonstrated alignment between sustainability strategy and core business priorities; defined and clearly communicated sustainability policy outlining;
- Positioned itself as a good corporate citizen and demonstrated social commitments;
AgroFresh received the 2015 Rabobank Leader in Sustainability Award, for its innovative developments in delaying the ripening timeline for produce at both the pre-and post-harvest stage, contributing to better returns for the business and a reduction in food waste in the produce sector.
The Rabobank Emerging Leader in Innovation Award recognizes an up-and-coming organization that addresses issues in the food and agribusiness space in a new and innovative way. It will have:
- Operated in the industry for ten years or less;
- Demonstrated distinct innovation to the food and agriculture industry and/or offered new choice, value and convenience to consumers;
- Demonstrated good corporate citizenship;
- Demonstrated strong financial performance / investor interest and potential for market expansion.
The 2015 Rabobank Emerging Leader in Innovation Award winner, NuTek Food Science, was selected for its work in developing salt products that replace half the sodium with potassium, thereby decreasing health risks while maintaining product functionality and taste.
To be considered for any of these awards, the campaign or highlighted work included in the submission must have taken place (either in part or in full) between June 30, 2015 and December 1, 2016.
Award winners will be notified by Rabobank by the end of October and will be honored at the Rabobank Client Appreciation Event on December 1, 2016 in New York City.
Rabobank Group is a global financial services leader providing wholesale and retail banking, leasing and real estate services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded over a century ago, Rabobank today is one of the largest banks in the world, with nearly $1 trillion in assets, and ranks among the 10 safest banks globally. In the Americas, Rabobank is a premier bank to the food, agribusiness and beverage industry, providing sector expertise, strategic counsel and tailored financial solutions to clients across the entire food value chain. Rabobank. The financial link in the global food chain.® NAW.Rabobank.com Twitter LinkedIn