This edition of the European Payment Cards Yearbook contains 33 profiles, covering the countries that make up the European Economic Area or - the 28 Member States of the European Union together with Iceland, Norway and Switzerland - plus Serbia and Turkey.
Like previous editions, the European Payment Cards Yearbook pulls together data from sources across Europe into a single publication with statistics up to end-2015.
As well as the individual country profiles the yearbook includes an 85 page Regional Overview section which can be summarized as follows:
- Payment cards overview, covering debit and credit cards issued across the European market, number of payments per country, expenditure on cards by country and a variety of KPI's and per capita figures.
- European card schemes, giving the evolution of interbank payment organizations and the role of the international schemes.
- Acquiring and acceptance, a section reviewing POS and ATM statistics.
- European banking overview, an examination of retail banking trends in western and eastern Europe, including cross-border M&A activity and leading banks assets
New for 2016-17:
- Updated - The presence of international card schemes in Europe
- Card fraud in Europe and by individual country
- Remote payments on the internet - Cards & More, leading PSPs
- Updated - B2C e-commerce value by individual country
- Updated - Online-payment mix by individual country
- Updated - Mobile payments overview by county
- Updated - Mobile payment Initiatives by individual country
- List of the major issuers by country with the card brands issued
- List of the major acquirers by country with the card brands accepted
- Highlighting the new trends in the payment industry by individual country
Key Topics Covered:
1.0 Cards Overview
2.0 Card Schemes
3.0 Acquiring and Acceptance
4.0 Overview of European Banking
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mwpwmk/european_payment