OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide online bidding for H&H Classics Limited’s sale of classic cars and motorcycles at the Imperial War Museum Duxford in Cambridge, U.K. Live onsite bidding for collector cars will begin October 12 at 10:30 AM EUR. Prebidding for this auction is already available by visiting Proxibid.
Included in the sale are six superb Aston Martins, like the 1930 Aston Martin International 1.5 Litre Short Chassis Tourer, estimated at £110,000 – £150,000. Other lots to watch include:
- 1959 Jaguar XK150 SE 3.4 Litre Drophead Coupe: Retaining matching chassis and engine numbers, this example has covered less than 200 miles since a meticulous, show quality restoration. Est. £135,000 – 165,000.
- 1983 BMW R100RS: This pristine bike is number 10 of only 100 made. Completely new and unregistered, it has delivery mileage of just 2 miles on the odometer, after standing in a private Japanese museum for many years. Est. £11,000 – £13,000.
- 1964 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 Coupe: Offered complete with decades of dust, this example is a true barn find and is an incredible project car for a restorer. Less than 2,000 in right-hand drive were produced and this example is estimated at £35,000 – £45,000.
- 1972 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow: Once owned by footballer George Best, this is your chance to own a piece of the infamous celebrity’s personal collection. He was once quoted as saying: “I spent 90% of my money on women, drink, and fast cars. The rest I wasted”. Est. £10,000 – £15,000.
- 1954 Aston Martin DB2/4 Saloon: A show ready example, this vehicle is fully restored and award winning at various American concours meetings. Finished in California Sage Green, this car is estimated at £180,000 – £220,000.
- 1979 Aston Martin V8 Volante: This Aston Martin is a rare right-hand drive carburetor-fed V8. It is finished in Tourmaline Blue and features a converted six-speed manual transmission. Est. £160,000 – £180,000.
With more than 200 lots of cars and motorcycles on offer, this event is sure to be a can’t-miss sale for collectors around the world. Online buyers can expect an exciting event via Proxibid’s live bidding platform. Buyers who cannot attend the auction in person can bid with confidence from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Only Proxibid’s risk management system is specifically built to protect high dollar purchases, like the vehicles available in this sale.
“While the onsite event at the Imperial War Museum is stunning, online buyers can expect the same high quality experience transferred into their homes via Proxibid’s live bidding platform,” said Simon Hope, Managing Director and Chief Auctioneer of H&H Classics Limited. “We’re excited that buyers from all over the world can participate alongside our onsite bidders, especially where our buyers can be sure their transactions are secure on Proxibid.”
For more information about H&H Classics Limited, to view auction catalogs, or to place bids, please visit the auction catalog.
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s Marketplace annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer capabilities, across 15 categories that include heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art; antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.