LISLE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Molex brings a variety of harsh-duty interconnect solutions that enable the latest marine electronics to the International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition (IBEX), October 4-6, 2016, Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, FL booth 2137. Visitors to the booth will see interconnect solutions that excel in harsh conditions including extreme vibration, fluctuating temperatures and salt water exposure while also minimizing electrical malfunctions to enhance marine safety.
“Today’s connected boats employ a vast number of electronic systems that require proven power and signal connectivity despite extremely challenging environments,” said Kurt Krutsch, product marketing manager, Molex. “Molex has extensive expertise in designing interconnect solutions that excel in harsh conditions including extreme vibration, fluctuating temperatures and salt water exposure while also minimizing electrical malfunctions to enhance marine safety.”
Molex products that will be displayed at IBEX include:
- ML-XT™ Sealed Connection System: Rated IP68 and J2030 power-wash capable, the system features a one-piece plug housing and seal design which is permanently bonded using cutting-edge, two-shot LSR (liquid silicone rubber) molding technology.
- Brad® Industrial Ethernet Solutions: A rugged and complete Ethernet system with a variety of M12 D-coded, M12 Cat 6a X-coded and RJ-45 Ethernet products that exhibit superior resistance to water and high vibration.
- Sealed Industrial USB Solutions: The next-generation USB 3.0 panel-mount receptacles and overmolded cables deliver 5 Gbps data speeds, are IP67-rated and incorporate robust construction and protective features for harsh environments.
- NMEA 2000* Cables and Connectors: A complete line of open standard cables, cable assemblies, connectors, terminators and power products that support the NMEA 2000 system, the industry standard for data communications among shipboard electronic devices.
- Mizu-P25™ Wire-to-Wire Connector System: At 2.50mm (.098”) pitch these connectors are the smallest to qualify to the IP67 standard and help boat builders implement wire-to-wire solutions in tight spaces while maintaining their integrity even when submersed in up to one meter of water.
- MX150L™ Industrial Sealed Connector System: The system exceeds IEC IP67 waterproof requirements for sealed connectors. The MX150L connectors support low-level signal applications as well as power applications up to 40.0A. Customers can choose from wire-to-wire, wire-to-panel and wire-to-board configurations and a wide range of wire styles and insulation thicknesses for maximum design flexibility.
For more information about marine solutions from Molex, please visit booth 2137 or www.molex.com/industry/commercial_vehicle.html.
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical. For more information, please visit www.molex.com.
- Learn more about Molex at www.molex.com
- Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
- Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
- Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
- Read our blog at www.connector.com
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex, LLC in the United States of America and may be registered in other jurisdictions.
*NMEA 2000 is a registered trademark of the National Marine Electronics Association