BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PrismTech™, a global leader in software platforms for distributed systems, today announced the availability of its Vortex™ 2.3 Intelligent Data Sharing Platform for the Internet of Things (IoT). This latest version of its award winning data connectivity solution provides the ideal solution for connecting Industrial IoT systems.
Vortex is based on the Object Management Group®'s (OMG®) Data-Distribution Service™ (DDS™) standard and builds on proven technologies to provide an efficient solution for real-time device, edge and cloud IoT data sharing. Vortex is a crucial enabler for systems that have to reliably and securely deliver high volumes of data with stringent end-to-end qualities-of-service (QoS).
Key Vortex capabilities such as automatic discovery, shared memory architecture, configurable QoS framework, and portability of the platform, together enable system-wide scalability and save valuable development time, particularly when integrating legacy systems. With the support of PrismTech’s world-class tooling and professional services, Vortex customers are able to successfully meet stringent development milestones.
Vortex 2.3 includes enhancements that simplify the challenge of connecting nodes and sharing real-time data in complex Industrial IoT environments that consist of a combination of device, edge and cloud networks.
Vortex 2.3 includes the following new functionality and improvements:
- Vortex Cloud and Fog include a number of optimizations that simplify deployment, reduce routing latency and improve scalability significantly
- The elegant C99 API will be supported by both Vortex Lite and Vortex OpenSplice as of version 6.7.1
- Vortex now fully supports the Java 8 platform
- Google Protocol Buffer (GPB) extensible data types are now supported by Vortex OpenSplice Tuner
- Group coherence support has been added to Vortex OpenSplice Tuner and Tester
- Vortex Cafe can now use UDP and TCP transports simultaneously
- Vortex OpenSplice includes an Open Source reference implementation of the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) Consortium’s v2.1 Transport Services Segment (TSS) API
“This latest release of the Vortex platform is the most scalable and user friendly version of the platform to date,” said Andrew Foster, Product Marketing Manager, PrismTech. “We are really pleased with all the improvements that have been made to the product and are sure that our users will see the benefits of our efforts.”
Further information about PrismTech’s Vortex platform is available at: http://www.prismtech.com/vortex.
--- END ---
PrismTech’s customers deliver systems for the Internet of Things, the Industrial Internet and advanced wireless communications. PrismTech supplies the data connectivity solutions, tools and professional services they need to build systems with the required: platform coverage, performance, scalability, efficiency, flexibility and robustness. PrismTech’s customers service many market sectors, including: industrial automation, energy, healthcare, transportation, smart cities, financial services, aerospace and defense. For additional information about PrismTech, visit the web site at http://www.prismtech.com.
Vortex and OpenSplice are trademarks of PrismTech. DDS and Data-Distribution Service are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Object Management Group, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.