MARLBOROUGH, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barbara’s, known for making delicious cereals and snacks from simple, wholesome ingredients, has unveiled an interactive new wildlife education platform, Barbara’s Wild Rewards, designed to make it fun and entertaining for kids and families to learn about endangered and imperiled species while earning points and prizes. Rooted in Barbara’s decades long history of supporting national and local nonprofit organizations related to wildlife welfare, Wild Rewards is a modern evolution of traditional loyalty programs. It provides a fresh way for families to learn about endangered animals while making wildlife conservation exciting, as they can win prizes for watching educational videos or completing various wildlife activities.
“At Barbara’s, we are committed to doing our part when it comes to supporting endangered wildlife and we’re thrilled to introduce Barbara’s Wild Rewards as yet another means for us to do so,” said Tim Kenny, Director of Marketing for Barbara’s. “Through Barbara’s Wild Rewards program, we hope to synergistically show appreciation to our fans through redeemable rewards, all the while providing an entertaining and educational experience connecting members to our planet’s endangered wildlife. We could not be more proud to introduce the distinctive Wild Rewards program interface to our fans.”
Participating in Barbara’s Wild Rewards is easy. Users simply sign up at http://barbaras.com/WildRewards and begin engaging in a variety of educational activities to earn points that can then be redeemed for “rewards” or prizes. Activities to learn, play and earn points include:
- Barbara’s Wild Rewards Sign Up – follow the instructions on the Program website to join Barbara’s Wild Rewards (300 points)
- Videos – simply watch a video about various endangered animals, like mountain gorillas and puffins (100 points)
- Games – test your knowledge of endangered animals with fun games for the whole family (100 points per game played)
- Activities – download and print activity pages for coloring and crafting fun (100 points)
- Refer a Friend – invite friends to participate in the program. When a referred person signs up with the unique URL provided, users will earn points (100 points per joined friend)
- Barbara’s Purchase – complete an online or in-store purchase of any participating Barbara’s Bakery product and upload an image of the receipt (250 points per product purchased)
- Email Opt-In – “opt-in” to receive emails with new product news, offers and promotions from Barbara’s (200 points)
Barbara’s Wild Rewards members may redeem a maximum of 10,000 points per calendar year to receive an assortment of exciting and exclusive prizes, including:
- Soft Plush Toy Animal - choose from an endangered puffin, panda or lion (3,500 points)
- Barbara’s Wild Rewards Children’s Activity Book - includes 24-pages filled with fun and educational activities for kids and families to learn about endangered species (2,500 points)
- Official Adoption Certificate – receive a certificate for a virtual symbolic animal adoption for either a puffin, elephant or Arctic fox. For each puffin adoption certificate redeemed, $10 will go towards the Audubon Society’s Project Puffin (up to $25,000 annually) and for each elephant or Arctic fox adoption certificate redeemed, $10 will go to the Defenders of Wildlife (1,500 points)
- Coupon Reward – obtain $2.00 off any participating Barbara’s product (500 points)
Supporting wildlife has always been a core value to Barbara’s mission. In 2003, the company launched its Adopt-A-Puffin program in partnership with National Audubon Society’s Project Puffin, which allowed consumers to symbolically adopt a puffin after collecting 20 UPCs from Barbara’s Puffins cereal boxes. The program has been hugely successful, with more than 50,000 UPCs collected since the program’s launch. Through Barbara’s Wild Rewards, fans will still have the ability to adopt a puffin, in addition to other imperiled wildlife, like elephants and Arctic foxes, with additional animals to be added in the future.
The Barbara’s Wild Rewards Program is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of participation. For more information, full rules and regulations, and to sign up for Barbara’s Wild Rewards visit http://barbaras.com/WildRewards
Barbara’s offers a full line of delicious cereals and snacks, including popular consumer favorites like Puffins cereals, Snackimals cereals and cookies, Morning Oat Crunch, Spoonfuls, Better Than Granola, Cheese Puffs and more. Barbara’s products are available nationally at major retail grocery stores and natural food stores. For more information about Barbara’s products and to locate a store near you, please visit the Barbara’s website at www.Barbaras.com.
Barbara’s was founded in 1971 by a teenager with a passion for creating great-tasting food from simple, wholesome ingredients. The company’s mission remains true to Barbara’s original vision that wholesome food can also be tasty enough for kids. Based in Marlborough, Mass., Barbara’s is committed to making positive contributions to the world with donations to national and local nonprofit organizations, including the National Audubon Society’s Project Puffin and Defenders of Wildlife. For more information, please visit www.Barbaras.com or visit Barbara’s on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.