WAKEFIELD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The NFC Forum announced today the opening of registration for VISIONFC Automotive Summit, taking place Tuesday, October 18, 2016, in Vienna, Austria. Co-located with the NFC Forum Member Meeting, the summit is a half-day series of sessions featuring lightning talks, presentations, and a moderated discussion on how Near Field Communication (NFC) technology is transforming the consumer automotive experience.
"Building on the success of our recent inaugural VISIONFC event, we are honored to host industry leaders in the NFC and connected car ecosystem at the VISIONFC Automotive Summit," said Paula Hunter, executive director, NFC Forum. "NFC technology is greatly improving the way people and cars interact. Together, we’ll advance our unique platform and collaborate on creating exciting new user experiences to advance our vision for the automotive industry."
Individuals from NFC Forum member and non-member companies are invited to register to attend and participate in this important discussion. Sessions include:
- NFC in Automotive: The Market Moves Forward - Alexander Rensink, NFC Forum Vice Chairman, NXP Semiconductors
- Where Smartphones Meet the Dashboard - Dr. Jörg Brakensiek, Car Connectivity Consortium
- NFC and the Securely Connected Car - Rainer Lutz, NXP Semiconductors
- NFC & Automotive: A Handset Perspective - Jack Lee, Samsung
- Tag Experiences in the Automotive Industry (lightning talk) - Matthew Bright, Thin Film Electronics & NFC Forum
- Using NFC to Eliminate Automobile Counterfeit Parts (lightning talk) - Vineet Agrawal, NICBIT LLC
- NFC in Automotive: Best Practices, Market Needs, and Requirements (moderated discussion) - Paula Hunter, NFC Forum Executive Director - Moderator
A networking reception will follow presentations and discussions.
To register for VISIONFC Automotive Summit, please visit https://www.regonline.com/nfcforumvisionfcautomotivesummit. The conference registration fee is $50 for NFC Forum members and $99 for non-members. Event sponsorship and speaking opportunities are still available.
Charting NFC’s Future Direction
Hosted by the NFC Forum, VISIONFC events provide an opportunity for participants to share their vision of NFC innovation for the next decade and network with industry luminaries from the world’s leading mobile device, semiconductor, payment, consumer electronics manufacturers, and solution providers. VISIONFC events are held in conjunction with NFC Forum face-to-face member meetings. At the upcoming NFC Forum Vienna Member Meeting, October 17-21, 2016, the world’s NFC thought leaders will gather to make substantial progress toward completing outstanding work items and determining the overall direction of NFC technology. All companies interested in the NFC Forum ecosystem are encouraged to become members.
- Learn more about the VISIONFC Automotive Summit
- Learn more about the NFC Forum Vienna Member Meeting
- Find out more about the NFC Forum
About the NFC Forum
The NFC Forum’s (www.nfc-forum.org) mission is to advance the use of Near Field Communication technology by developing specifications, ensuring interoperability among devices and services, and educating the market about NFC technology. The Forum’s global member companies are currently developing specifications for a modular NFC device architecture, and protocols for interoperable data exchange and device-independent service delivery, device discovery, and device capability. The NFC Forum’s Sponsor members include Apple Inc., Broadcom Corporation, Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd., Google, Inc., Intel, MasterCard Worldwide, NEC, Nokia, NXP Semiconductors, Qualcomm, Samsung, Sony Corporation, STMicroelectronics, and Visa Inc.
Follow the NFC Forum: