DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Georgia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses" report to their offering.
Georgia's MagtiCom breaks into the quad play market
Georgia continues to develop its economy in the face of considerable challenges, not least being a fractured political relationship with Russia and the continuing downturn in the Russian economy which has negatively impacted on its own growth potential. There are also difficulties related to breakaway regions which have been recognised by Russia, and in which Russian telcos are active. However, there is potential for economic growth from closer ties to Europe, while new pipelines running across the territory may lessen Georgia's dependence on Russia for oil and gas supplies.
The slow economic growth has impacted on the country's telecom sector. Revenue from fixed-line voice services has fallen sharply, while revenue from the mobile sector has also fallen in the wake of intense competition compounded by the fall in messaging traffic as subscribers migrate to alternative OTT services. The overall market is largely propped up by the broadband sector, where the number of subscribers continues to increase steadily. The sharp growth in the number of fibre broadband connections has impacted on the DS segment as customers are migrated from copper to fibre networks. This development reflects the significant increase in investment in infrastructure in recent years, spurred by the government's national broadband plan.
- Mediafon Datapro awarded contract to manage number portability database;
- MagtiCom offering fixed-line services following acquisition of the ISP Caucasus Online;
- Turkcell submits bid for TeliaSonera's 58.55% stake in Fintur Holdings;
- Regulator awards spectrum in the 800MHz band to MagtiCom, which it now uses for LTE-A services;
- Caucasus Online contracts TE SubCom to upgrade the Caucasus Cable system, to support data of over 9Tb/s;
- MagtiCom claiming 90% geographic coverage with LTE-A services.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Key statistics
3. Country overview
4. Telecommunications market
5. Regulatory environment
6. Fixed network operators
7. Telecommunications infrastructure
8. Fixed-line broadband market
9. Digital media
10. Mobile market
- Akhali Kselebi
- Caucasus Online
- Georgia Online
- Georgian Railway Telecom
- Telecom Georgia
- United Telecom
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xcvg4f/georgia