SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Seattle Interactive Conference (SIC), the Northwest’s premier event celebrating the convergence of online technology, creativity and emerging trends, today announced the full schedule and agenda for its 2016 event, which will feature more than 125 speakers, including an array of companies and speakers that showcases the breadth of talent and companies based in, and focused on, the Seattle market. SIC will take place October 18-19 at The Conference Center, the business meeting and event facility that is part of the Washington State Convention Center.
“Seattle Interactive represents the embodiment of Seattle and where it’s going,” said Brian Rauschenbach, Seattle Interactive Co-founder. “We’re unique because we understand that the convergence of technology and creative culture is what represents the city today. Seattle’s roots in industrial, music, and digital industries are all present at SIC. With all due respect to other events doing great work, no other conference in the region boasts this level and range of thinkers coming together.”
Now in its sixth year, Seattle Interactive is expected to attract more than 3,000 attendees from around the world who will come together for keynote presentations from artists, visionary thinkers, and storytellers; master classes in digital marketing, UX/UI design and analytics; and networking events and live music performances, among other topics.
Sessions indicative of conference’s breadth and its focus on how technology impacts culture include:
- David Meinert, Seattle business owner and long-time cultural influence, on the intersection of politics, social media and business.
- Social Entrepreneur Wyking Garrett on preserving neighborhoods undermined by gentrification.
- Community Developer and former Director of the Seattle Office of Film + Music James Keblas on lessons from the Seattle music industry evolution and why it matters today.
- David Harris on creating physical community in a digital world, drawn from his experiences working as a City of Seattle startup advocate and lead for the White House’s TechHire initiative.
- Ricky Powell, NYC Street Photographer and former Def Jam house photographer for the Beastie Boys and Run DMC.
- Musician David Bazan on how technology forced him to reimagine the creative process, and a live music performance.
- Live taping of a Sup Pop Records podcast.
- Emily Thomas on telling stories with social media photography a as social influencer.
- Andru Edwards of Gear Live moderating a panel on identifying influencers to represent brands.
- David Rothschild, predictive economist at Microsoft Research, on using data to creatively forecast economics; will also make predictions on upcoming national elections and other topics.
Diversity & Inclusion:
- Panel of experts discuss how to effectively achieve diversity and inclusion in the workplace, featuring SM Diversity, CEO Steve Matly, Sarah Entz of Amazon, Effenus Henderson of Institute for Sustainable Diversity and Inclusion, Tammarrian Rogers of Microsoft, and Alvin Loh of TalentSonar
- Lydia Frank of Payscale on female pay equality.
- UFC fighters BJ Penn and Steve Zakuani with former Seattle Seahawk Marcus Trufant on turning yourself into a brand.
- Minnesota Vikings and Golden State Warriors social media managers on social media in the professional sports industry.
- Video content development.
- Visual storytelling for brands and campaigns.
- Mobile analytics classes lead by Facebook.
- Social media strategy workshops.
VR / AR:
- POP digital agency and HTC on virtual, augmented, and mixed reality opportunities for brands and marketers.
- Karen Olson on the Space Needle’s visionary use of cutting edge AR/VR technology.
- Microsoft HoloLens and Cornish College talk about the collaboration between creative artists and nascent technology.
A full list of speaker’s can be found on at http://2016.seattleinteractive.com/sessions.
Regular Rate, September 1 – November 2
- Gold Conference Pass: $499
- Student/Faculty/Non-profit/Gov: $99
Walkup Rate, October 18 –19
- Gold Conference Pass: $599
- Student/Faculty/Non-profit/Gov: $149
Seattle Interactive 2016 will be held at The Conference Center at WA State Convention Center, located in the heart of downtown with easy access to Interstate 5, convenient parking, and close proximity to the airport light rail link. The Conference Center is on the Northeast corner of Eighth & Pike across from the WSCC.
ABOUT SEATTLE INTERACTIVE CONFERENCE
The annual Seattle Interactive Conference is a two-day event celebrating the convergence of online technology, creativity, and emerging trends in one of the world's most innovative cities. SIC brings together entrepreneurs, developers and online business professionals from throughout the US and beyond for a powerful combination of in-depth presentations, networking opportunities, and social events. Attendees have the rare opportunity to explore disruptive technologies and business models with visionary thinkers and peers in areas ranging from online commerce and social media to interactive advertising, marketing, entertainment, and much more.